Gibson Brands Forums

Headphones?

Silenced Fred

I'm surprised nobody said my all time favorites which are Sony MDR-7506.

MANY studios use them worldwide..msp_thumbup.gif

That's the industry standard right there.

How do they sound? Clinical and dry?

I'd like to try them, might pick up a pair.

Check out the new model: http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-audio/cat-recorders/product-MDR7509HD/

Stated frequency response of 5hz - 80khz, holy sh!t! I'm guessing those aren't 3dB cutoff points.

I'm from the stone age, and i'm sure i'll be called a loser by somebody that's not even old enough to know what winning means......BUT......my old Maxell NC-IIs have served me well, at home, at work (in a foundry no less) , on the road entertaining, at wild parties, thru stereos, mixers,amps, and DJ boards, and still sound good......

Headphones can only sound as good as the unit the music is coming from.

They were $42 at Wal=Mart new about 10 yrs ago........don't know if they still even make them.

sennheiser only makes 2 things...mics and earphones!

think about it!

also Bang and Olufsen ear plugs are quite possibly the greatest sounding things on earth...but none of that matters if you plan on listening to them thru your computers stock sound card...

beef up the sound card...get an external one or a good interface that doubles as one...because when i plug into my mac directly its not bad...but when i plug into my apogee duet/plugged into my mac...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear by AKG k240 studio headphones. They have a very flat response so you won't color your mixes with excessive bass. Transparent too. Yeah, I am old and hate bass boosters. My home stereo does not have a sub woofer.

3376.jpg

Talked to my music recording teacher, all he recommends is AKG stuff. They have Sennheisers in the studio I'm recording in tonight, but he said all he will use is AKG given the choice.

Archived