Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Tribal V on Sale at Musicians Friend

Artie Owl

I've heard complaints about this guitar going out of tune a lot due to the kahler tremolo and no locking nut. This one might have locking tuners but i'm not sure. It is a great deal for what you are getting. All Mahogony, Ebony Fretboard, Kahler Tremolo, and a hardshell case. It's a hard deal to pass up, the only thing stopping me are those tribals.

AO - That's a good head's up. I gave you a + B)

A pretty good deal for a new Gibby.

Check the specs - Ebony Fretboard, 60's neck, tremolo, 496R/500T, hardshell case. $799.

Ive not seen many guitars with Ebony fretboards nor tried one. The few i have seen were pretty expensive, is the wood considered rare for a guitar?

Ive not seen many guitars with Ebony fretboards nor tried one. The few i have seen were pretty expensive, is the wood considered rare for a guitar?

I wouldn't say rare on a guitar, but it's a bit more expensive. Some prefer ebony, some see no difference - I like it better than rosewood, but rosewood is fine. You find the ebony on some studios - ie: Alpine White and the Silverburst.

This V reminds me of this girl I used to really like. I saw her again at school a little while ago and she got a bunch of tattoos. All black tattoos. A big tribal one (I hate tribal tattoos) and other stuff... Now that she would totally go for me I don't want her anymore lol.

I'm really not a fan of tribal designs or pinstriping or flames or any of that stuff.

Archived