Gibson Brands Forums

Led Zeppelin Reunited?

Tman5293

No. You will be hard pressed to find a bigger Zep fan than I am, but to me it's like poking a dead squirrel with a stick.

I kind of like Plant's productivity lately: He's still out there making new music and finding suitable applications for his aged voice.

Page hasn't done sh*t, and I think that's a waste of genius.

If they were to go into the studio and put out a fantastic album, I might say yes. But I have no desire to see these guys relive there glory days from the '70s.

"How the West Was Won" and the live DVDs from five years ago or whatever will do just fine.

No. You will be hard pressed to find a bigger Zep fan than I am, but to me it's like poking a dead squirrel with a stick.

I kind of like Plant's productivity lately: He's still out there making new music and finding suitable applications for his aged voice.

Page hasn't done sh*t, and I think that's a waste of genius.

If they were to go into the studio and put out a fantastic album, I might say yes. But I have no desire to see these guys relive there glory days from the '70s.

"How the West Was Won" and the live DVDs from five years ago or whatever will do just fine.

I agree. If they get back together and make another album to go on tour with that would be great. But if they get back together just to play their old stuff I'm not so sure it's a great idea. Maybe another reunion concert for that purpose but thats about all they could pull out of it. I think most of their fans want to see them get back together and make something new.

never liked zep and never will, page is a three chord merchant and plant is just another 70's "big womans blouse" ****!...coverdale and blackmore pissed all over them talent wise at the time IMO

page n plant v coverdale n blackmore...zep can eat **** as far as i'm concerned [-(

never liked zep and never will, page is a three chord merchant and plant is just another 70's "big womans blouse" ****!...coverdale and blackmore pissed all over them talent wise at the time IMO

page n plant v coverdale n blackmore...zep can eat **** as far as i'm concerned [-(

You can dislike them all you want, but lets keep facts straight. Achilles Last Stand, Rain Song, The Song Remains The Same, Battle of Evermore, Sick Again, The Rover....I could go on. The Majority of pages stuff is "NOT" three chord rock and roll.

I will say Coverdale is a great vocalist that never gets his due credit.

Obviously you've been listening to some fake band calling themselves Led Zeppelin for the past 50 years. I've seen Jimmy Page use every chord in the book and Robert Plant's vocals on the old Zeppelin albums are arguably some of the best vocals ever done. And Ritchie Blackmore has more talent than Jimmy Page!? I think not! Talent wise, Jimmy page would set Ritchie Blackmore on fire and throw him off a cliff. msp_sneaky.gif

I know in the past many have taken offense when I've mentioned that they were not my cup of tea.

I have a great deal of respect for them musically and for what they captured in the studio. Definitely some powerful stuff.

Alas my problem with their sound always was Plant's vocals. I found them overly theatrical, whiny, and at times comical.msp_scared.gif

I figured It was just me because most of my buddies loved them. Rock rags voted him best male vocalist every year and he made millions singing to audiences made up more fanboys than at a Rush concert. (relax ladies I'm joking)

So it doesn't matter if I couldn't make it the whole way through one of their albums or not.

As George Harrison used to say about a Beatles Reunion. "There will be none as long as John remains dead."

I think the same is true with Bonham gone. To plug another drummer in would diminish his importance to their sound and spirit.

I happen to like Zep, but if someone else doesn't like them it's OK. There are only two kinds of music:

1) Good music

2) Music for someone else's ears.

However, whether I like them or not, as a musician, I must say that Page is a talented and creative guitarist and the band put out some very original and musical material. But that doesn't mean everybody has to like them.

I don't like everything they did, but I do like the majority of it.

On a similar note.........

John Coltrane is often heralded as one of histories greatest tenor sax players. I admit the guy was a genius, had complete control over his horn, and his innovations changed jazz forever. But I don't like to listen to him. I don't like his tone and his improvisations don't appeal to me personally. But I can't take anything away from his talent.

If and when Zep ever gets together, I'd listen with an open ear.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

He turned into a Plant imitator with Whitesnake. I could never understand that. With Purple, he had his own fantastic voice.

I like him in Whitesnake, too. And I wouldn't call him an Imitator at all, in fact I felt he was trying to sound too much like Purple's past singers when he was in Purple. The only time he gets Plant-like is on "Still of the Night" with the back masking and violin bow interlude. The rest of the time he reminds me of Montrose era Hagar, with more range.

Plus, he's still got it. i didn't really become a Whitesnake fan until recently. I couldn't be bothered with anything resembling "Hairbands" in the 80's.

I like him in Whitesnake, too. And I wouldn't call him an Imitator at all, in fact I felt he was trying to sound too much like Purple's past singers when he was in Purple. The only time he gets Plant-like is on "Still of the Night" with the back masking and violin bow interlude. The rest of the time he reminds me of Montrose era Hagar, with more range.

Plus, he's still got it. i didn't really become a Whitesnake fan until recently. I couldn't be bothered with anything resembling "Hairbands" in the 80's.

I thought Slow and Easy sounded Plant ish, and nobody can come close to Ian Gillan. Just an opinion

Archived