Gibson Brands Forums

RanDee hits the 30 mark (10/10/10)

duane v

The original are the fret wire and neck binding are long gone in my Luthiers trash bin [thumbup]

It's all good - I've got a way-old Explorer that's been through so many changes that it's hardly recognizable... My late brother bought it in 1973.

But it's no one's reissue, and it's beautiful all on it's own.

There's nothing quite like a guitar that you've had for 20 or 30 years.

It's all good - I've got a way-old Explorer that's been through so many changes that it's hardly recognizable... My late brother bought it in 1973.

But it's no one's reissue, and it's beautiful all on it's own.

There's nothing quite like a guitar that you've had for 20 or 30 years.

When one is 16 (like I was when I purchased her), and RR was at his peak. If one had $1200 burning a hole in their pocket, that guitar would be hard to walk away from.

I still remember the day seeing her hanging on the wall for the first time at GC of Hollywood. [love]

When one is 16 (like I was when I purchased her), and RR was at his peak. If one had $1200 burning a hole in their pocket, that guitar would be hard to walk away from.

I still remember the day seeing her hanging on the wall for the first time at GC of Hollywood. [love]

Whoa 16 and you had $1200 to drop on a guitar!? I wish I had that much money settin' my pants on fire! msp_flapper.gif

BTW, She's a beautiful guitar! Happy B-day RanDee!!!! msp_thumbup.gif

Whoa 16 and you had $1200 to drop on a guitar!? I wish I had that much money settin' my pants on fire! msp_flapper.gif

BTW, She's a beautiful guitar! Happy B-day RanDee!!!! msp_thumbup.gif

Most kids my age had jobs back then.... I delivered the Harold Examiner in the morning before school, and worked at Jack in the Box after school, and on weekends I cleaned the freezers at Gemco.

I understand its difficult for today's young adults to get those same jobs, because they are being taken by adults

Most kids my age had jobs back then.... I delivered the Harold Examiner in the morning before school, and worked at Jack in the Box after school, and on weekends I cleaned the freezers at Gemco.

I understand its difficult for today's young adults to get those same jobs, because they are being taken by adults

I had no idea that you were as old as I.

Gemco! Harold Examiner!

Ha!

I delivered the Press-Enterprise (morning and evening editions)... And indeed, laid up the funds as was expected.

But to be fair, when my kids were that age, I felt I had to keep an eye on them at all times.

Things just aren't the same now.

I had no idea that you were as old as I.

Gemco! Harold Examiner!

Ha!

I delivered the Press-Enterprise (morning and evening editions)... And indeed, laid up the funds as was expected.

But to be fair, when my kids were that age, I felt I had to keep an eye on them at all times.

Things just aren't the same now.

Press Enterprise LOL!!! I remember uncle that still lives in Hemet reading that.

I hear ya big time with having to watch your kids like a hawk these days, which is why I've become a taxi driver for my daughter and her friends.... I'm always in the vacinity

Press Enterprise LOL!!! I remember uncle that still lives in Hemet reading that.

I hear ya big time with having to watch your kids like a hawk these days, which is why I've become a taxi driver for my daughter and her friends.... I'm always in the vacinity

Well, mine have reached their majority without incident (thank somebody!) and I'm out of the kid business now.

I just remember diving in the local canals ( that fed the orange groves) for pop bottles that could be redeemed for a penny or two.

I'd have soiled my trousers if I thought my kids were doing that.

Too bad, so sad. They might have had a more complete existence if I was not so concerned. I just can't imagine it.

That having been said, they never felt the need to lay up thousands of dollars to get what they wanted. I guess I never let them.

But they always got what they wanted...

And therein lies the problem. I'm not willing to work that much when my parents will buy me a new guitar at least once a year. They keep telling me to get a job but I already hate having to work at school let alone having a job right after school.

I'm getting my third guitar this year for Christmas! msp_flapper.gif

And therein lies the problem. I'm not willing to work that much when my parents will buy me a new guitar at least once a year. They keep telling me to get a job but I already hate having to work at school let alone having a job right after school.

And therein lies the problem.

Unwilling to work...

See how that fits you in just a few short years. Then let us know how it worked out for you.

AT LEAST?

I'm not gonna lie, my parents helped me out a ton on getting my LP for my birthday, but do I expect them to buy me guitars? No, they told me any purchases from here on out are on my own.

That's just lazy and that is what is wrong with "my generation". People get handed everything and want to work for nothing.

And therein lies the problem.

Unwilling to work...

See how that fits you in just a few short years. Then let us know how it worked out for you.

Unfortunately that isn't gonna work for me. My parents told me that I have to get a job by next summer. msp_crying.gif

Archived