Gibson Brands Forums

Glad to see...

Tim Plains

...other forum members here have more than one Les Paul. :D

It tells me that other people love this guitar as much, or more than I do.

And that, although they may be the same basic shape, each Les Paul is slightly different than the next one.

Unique, just like each person is unique.

It tells me that other people love this guitar as much' date=' or more than I do.[/quote']

Playing an LP just feels natural . . . I enjoy others, but I always come back to an LP.

And that' date=' although they may be the same basic shape, each Les Paul is slightly different than the next one. Unique, just like each person is unique.[/quote']

I agree.

Bought and sold a few' date=' I'm at two right now.

Winning the lottery would change that...

Yep, that truckload of guitars would be half Les Pauls.[/quote']

If you win the lotto, you better damn well post pics! :)

When you've been playing one Les Paul for awhile, you tend to gravitate towards that feel and sound automatically. As much as I love Strats, I can't say that they're my number one. It's sort of dangerous, because sooner or later you'll lose a substantial amount of money over a short time period just on Les Pauls (or Gibsons in general). It's true that each one has their own "uniqueness" especially with all the variations of the guitar on the market now (chambering, weight-relief, ebony, ivory, etc.)

Currently I think the only lester Im buying in the future is a R8. I dont see the point of having a lot of similar sounding/feeling guitars... thats why I ordered the SG and why I'm GASsing for a tele and a strat (in matching finish, yeah I have a real problem with simetry).

i had six LPs: Studio, Standard, Classic, BFG, R8 and R9/

The Std is gone now. And I hope to get rid of the classic soon.

The Studio is for sentimental reasons only, otherwise i would sell it. The R9 is for its cosmetics (im not gonna lie, i needed a cherry/iced tea flame top). That's leaves two...the R8 and BFG, and both sound different and badass.

You know what it is for me? I have just one Les Paul but it is a killer. I've told this story here before, but I bought my LP while working at a music store and I tried out a LOT of other LPs over the course of a month or two before I cherry picked the one I have. That said, I haven't felt compelled to buy another one aside from aesthetics or in the interest in finding one that isn't so damned heavy. My LP is a great one and I'm not saying that to brag or anything; it's truly exceptional in comparison to any other LP and and most other solid body electric guitars I've played (my Tele is the only other guitar that is on par with it and it's a different animal).

I've owned that guitar for over 15 years now and, while I still look at other LPs and would love to get a nice burst (probably Lemon), I just haven't felt compelled to buy another LP when the one I have is such a great and satisfying guitar.

Now, Strats on the other hand... I own two and have my eyes on one that is a real sweet player and has been marked down a lot just because it's the old style American Standard with the modern bridge that, apparently, nobody wants anymore because they all want vintage styled stuff. It's been tagged at $699 for the past several weeks so, in another week or two I'm going to see if it's still there and try to get them to come down even more since by then it'll be obvious by then that it isn't moving.

Archived