Gibson Brands Forums

Better than anything here...

Riverside

http://4Henry.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/710-thoughts-on-the-firebird-x/

Check out the guy who suggests a backpack for your halfstack so you can hide the guitar!

Comedy to the nth.

Hey, guess what? There's a new GM?

But hey, it's a travel guitar!

Surprise surprise surprise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_1Pw1xm9U

Amazing how many people are jumping on Henry about this, I don't really care if they build these they aren't forcing them on the rest of us so if 1800 people want this so what, at least there trying to do something different. I'd take one of these before the 50's studio tribute that everyone is so excited about which when you remove the hype is really just another studio with a lousy paint job at the price of well a studio and yet everybody seems to love that.

Amazing how many people are jumping on Henry about this, I don't really care if they build these they aren't forcing them on the rest of us so if 1800 people want this so what, at least there trying to do something different. I'd take one of these before the 50's studio tribute that everyone is so excited about which when you remove the hype is really just another studio with a lousy paint job at the price of well a studio and yet everybody seems to love that.

You should care. At least a little. The design team's salaries are being paid by Gibson owners. If you buy new Gibsons, you are paying for a group of people to design and build all these high priced limited edition models that you may love or hate. I'd rather pay the salaries of those who build stuff I want to buy.

I can only imagine all forum belly aching if there was a Gibson forum back in the 60's, when Gibson discontinued the Les Paul for 9 years... Some of you probably would of had a nervous break down. [biggrin]

Only if they said yes, then no, then "it's a travel guitar"!

Then, There was a flood!

Then, it was a limited edition, but we'll make more. But we haven't even delivered the first bunch.

Then, well, you know...

Ya, a forum back in the 60's when they stopped making Les Paul's... The forum probably would have overloaded and crashed with all of the replies and complaints. Or been shut down by Gibson for all of the profanity.

Good thing we didn't have the technology back then, OH I guess I'm a Luddite [biggrin] .

They only stopped making them because no one was buying them. I'd bet there would have been no outcry.

But since we have a forum now (hey, I was an "advanced member" after about 12 posts!), I'd like to nominate that guy from Yaud as Director of Corporate Communications.

Him, them, or maybe Morty.

You should care. At least a little. The design team's salaries are being paid by Gibson owners. If you buy new Gibsons, you are paying for a group of people to design and build all these high priced limited edition models that you may love or hate. I'd rather pay the salaries of those who build stuff I want to buy.

Again Why get upset - They plan on making 1800 for a limited run if those 1800 sell than the design paid off and the design team gets to build something else outrageous. if not we get to buy a few at a blowout sale and they sell some more studio tributes or whatever. I would have made the same comment on the BFG, The Buckethead guitar and the silly studio 50's tribute or whatever it's called that everyone is raving about even though it's really just a studio and the great price everybody is so excited about is pretty typical for a studio with a bad paint job.

Again Why get upset - They plan on making 1800 for a limited run if those 1800 sell than the design paid off and the design team gets to build something else outrageous. if not we get to buy a few at a blowout sale and they sell some more studio tributes or whatever. I would have made the same comment on the BFG, The Buckethead guitar and the silly studio 50's tribute or whatever it's called that everyone is raving about even though it's really just a studio and the great price everybody is so excited about is pretty typical for a studio with a bad paint job.

The design team pay is not a limited run.........it's all part of overhead that trickles down to the prices of EVERYTHING they manufacture. Also, I'm not upset.

Archived