Gibson Brands Forums

"No Shave November" or "Movember"

MojoRedFoot

Yep - I'm in. First time for me, but my brother in Australia is in for his 3rd or 4th year.

So far, I'm up to £80 so hoping to "top-the ton" sometime soon. At the time of writing, I'm ranked 2274th in the UK!!!

I know it's against the rules, but I think I'm going to have to go for the goatee - in the interests of domestic harmony. ;-)

Good luck to everyone who's taking part, and a massive thanks to everyone who donates.

At the risk of being cheeky - anyone in the UK who feels able and would like to, please just click here: http://uk.movember.com/mospace/78274

Cheers

Rob.

I always thought it was called Novembeard. Oh well. I have a moustache anyway, and if I could get a full beard, I would. It's slowly getting there, but I think it might be some 2-3 years away though. <_<

I've only been without a moustache and beard about 3 times since I was around 17.

I'll try letting the cookie duster grow into a handle bar. Did that 10 years ago for a special occasion. Looked kinda cool, but waxing it was a pain in the butt.

Dave

Maybe you should change where you're getting your mustache wax!!

Man if you're gonna grow a stache, get some donations. Come on...its not supposed to be "for fun"...its supposed to generate awareness and raise money for a great cause.

Here's the link to register in the USA:

http://us.movember.com/register/details

Since I'm not part of an official committee, the goatee stays. Don't wanna look like a creep. One thing to look goofy but I don't want to look creepy. But I am in the middle of finding an organization to donate money to.

Man if you're gonna grow a stache, get some donations. Come on...its not supposed to be "for fun"...its supposed to generate awareness and raise money for a great cause.

Here's the link to register in the USA:

http://us.movember.com/register/details

I was not aware until today that growing a beard had to have a deep meaning, I do it for fun or because I like it, that simple.

Tell them it's for a good cause. Maybe you can get special dispensation from the Pope. You can call it giving up shaving for Advent. [laugh][-o<

It's not a catholic school! msp_flapper.gif Its regular public high school. But for some reason no facial hair is in the dress code and is strongly enforced.

It's not a catholic school! msp_flapper.gif Its regular public high school. But for some reason no facial hair is in the dress code and is strongly enforced.

It's like this for a lot of public schools anymore.

And I would participate but I grow facial hair about as well as Keanu Reeves.

81129_keanu-reeves-shows-off-his-beard.jpg

Archived