Gibson Brands Forums

Chorus Pedals

Andre S

Thanks for the replies, I've narrowed it to three:

The deltalabs stereo chorus (heard it was not too good though)

the ibanez chorus

the TC electronics.

I can get the boss chorus pedal locally so I may try it out when I go to try out a stratocaster.

If he doesn't want to, I'll buy it from you when we actually get a chance to meet up

Sorry, got a text from my friend this morning and it sold along with my Boss Blues Driver. Trying to clean out old pedals I don't and won't ever use.

Sorry, got a text from my friend this morning and it sold along with my Boss Blues Driver. Trying to clean out old pedals I don't and won't ever use.

Eh, whatever. I don't really know if I would use it that much. I think I might sell my Distortion + soon. I know what you mean. I hate Boss pedals... sorry yours didn't work out

I use the original 18v Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus (not to be confused with the "cool cat" product line of Dano). It is an excellent, lush, warm sounding pedal and has stereo outs if you need it. It kills on baterries, and the 18v adapter is pretty hard to find...so best to check ebay for used pedals that have the adapter.

Yeah I have that pedal and the only adapter I can use with it is the one it came with.

What's up wit dat?msp_thumbdn.gif

You know...I run "hot and cold," on using pedals...

chorus, or otherwise.

Right now, I'm using several, because of the music

I'm playing, with the band I'm in. If it were up

to me, entirely...I prefer the tone of just a slightly

overdriven tube amp, and my Gibby's, or even my

Fender Telecaster, alone. There's just something about

that tone, that no pedal (I've tried, anyway) can

match.

CB

You know...I run "hot and cold," on using pedals...

chorus, or otherwise.

Right now, I'm using several, because of the music

I'm playing, with the band I'm in. If it were up

to me, entirely...I prefer the tone of just a slightly

overdriven tube amp, and my Gibby's, or even my

Fender Telecaster, alone. There's just something about

match.

CB

+1 on the straight guitar to slightly overdriven tube amp.

We're playing covers including the Police. I just purchsed the MXR - Dunlap black label Chorus. Wish me luck.

... There's just something about

match.

CB

Agreed. That's why I am currently without a chorus pedal. I found I rarely kicked it on. There is something magic about a real tube amp just on the edge of breaking up. To me that is the clean sound. I can plug straight into my Deluxe Reverb or Princeton, set the knobs at 5 and get that sound. That said I did enjoy running a stereo rig of two Fenders with chorus on one and not on the other - pretty lush. Guess I go back and forth.

Agreed. That's why I am currently without a chorus pedal. I found I rarely kicked it on. There is something magic about a real tube amp just on the edge of breaking up. To me that is the clean sound. I can plug straight into my Deluxe Reverb or Princeton, set the knobs at 5 and get that sound. That said I did enjoy running a stereo rig of two Fenders with chorus on one and not on the other - pretty lush. Guess I go back and forth.

There is nothing like a pure tube amp but right now I am at the forth with the pedals.

I will say this though, I'd much rather use pedals when needed than any modeling amp. Most of the effects on the ones I've owned or used have been sub par to actual pedals.

Frankly I've never been much of an effects man myself, always preferred the sound of my guitars straight into amp overdriving that when needed. Never really owned a pedal board because aside from the wah/volume, tube screamer and delay I figured that was plenty.

Well that and the fact that many of the dives I played in left barely any room for amp and mic stand let alone pedal boards.

Finally bought a Pedaltrain this summer to keep my boxes nice and tidy. Easier to pickup when the wife needs to run the vacuum. HAHA

Thanksa for the suggestions but I think I have found a suitable option for a chorus pedal; the Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus. Its priced between the TC Electronics and the Boss CH-1 at $170. Its based on some CE-1 from the 70's....I listened to a gearmanndude demo of it compared to an Analogman Chorus but both of them have nice features that I like.

So when I order my guitar, I'll order this one too.

Archived