Gibson Brands Forums

Good quality computer speakers?

dem00n

I just use an inexpensive "home theater" set with a sub and a cupla little speakers.

I think the guys recommending variations on active studio monitors are probably right on target for better quality.

Part of why I got the stuff with a sub, when I first started recording somma my practice sessions with just "cheapie regular speakers," I noticed I was adding way, way, way too much bass. It sounded good on the little cheapie speakers, but if it ran on anything like a mediocre car stereo system (good for longer drives and working on vocals, etc.) the bass just plain broke up 'cuz there was too much.

That's one reason I've had questions over the years "here" about mixing for today's audiences: I think there's a bigger range of sound stuff out there today and how does one best mix for that...

m

Cost effective in a small space?

X-mini speakers, they're small, inexpensive (around 20-30$ each) and you can daisy chain them together, the sound they produce out of even one of them is nuts, look it up, they look like this;

x-mini-capsule.jpg

I'm buying a bunch for christmas presents/stocking stuffers. You can probably find them at electronics retailers anywhere in the states.

Convergent technology FTW!

My son has his TV, XBox 360 and PC all wired into his stereo. Sounds great!

If that is not an option, I'd suggest looking into Harmon Kardon products, as they've made some of the best PC speakers I've ever heard.

Convergent technology FTW!

My son has his TV, XBox 360 and PC all wired into his stereo. Sounds great!

If that is not an option, I'd suggest looking into Harmon Kardon products, as they've made some of the best PC speakers I've ever heard.

Yeah the Harmon Kardon are for those who are willing to spend the $$$ for the good stuff, luxury speakers one could say.

I do love their old motto to "Disturb the peace".

I got to reading this and started to laugh a bit...

Back in the era when stereo was just coming in and a stereo disk of an album cost more than the mono version, I bought the mono, had a decent turntable and ran it through the Deluxe Reverb guitar amp.

m

Archived