Gibson Brands Forums

Broken hearts

LarryUK

I'm at my girlfriends now waiting for her son and daughter to arrive. Their old dog 'Bonnie' or 'Choppie' as we call her has lost the use of her legs. The vet is coming this afternoon to put her to sleep. Talk about broken hearts. I love my dogs as much as life itself. They give us so much love for little return. She's a Staff/Lab cross. Lovely dog. The other two are Staffs. George and Frank. Little Frank is lying with her now. I'm sure he knows what's going on. Oh well. I can't see the screen for tears now. So give your dog a kiss from me.

Rips your heart out.

Went through the same with a cat a few years back.

He was my little buddy for about 14 years and one morning we got up and he wasn't there. He was downstairs and couldn't walk. His whole hind end was paralyzed. Had to put the little guy down.

Still don't like thinking about it.

Really sorry for your loss Lashurst.

Dave

In 2008 we lost both our dogs of 15 years in one week... give it a month or two to heal some, then find another.

Trust me. It will help far more than you realize.

Blessings on y'all and hopes that you can find a peace with it.

Well. They came and did it. It was so sad. As I said. It was my girlfriends dog. But I've been with her for years.

At least she's got the other two to console her. I have my own dog, Ellie. A pit cross. I love my dogs and it breaks my heart to let them go.

But, it was for the best.

This is Bonnie. RIP,X

This is my dog Ellie.

Thanks for the replies. I'll show June (girlfriend) this thread when she can cope. She's had her heart ripped out today.

Let's hope Frankie, George and my Ellie can console her through it.

Kisses for your dogs. Xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the replies. I'll show June (girlfriend) this thread when she can cope. She's had her heart ripped out today.

Let's hope Frankie, George and my Ellie can console her through it.

Kisses for your dogs. Xxxxxxxxxx

Archived