Gibson Brands Forums

Taylor Swift and a Songwriter!

albertjohn

Thanks Danner.

It's the way the BBC is funded. We pay an annual licence fee in the UK which funds its operations. Therefore access is free in the UK. Overseas is a different story though.

Nice collection of guitars although I like the Gibson best!

TS could have made an effort with her appearance though!

I've now seen her here, on Grammys and on the Country Music awards, is it just me or is she just NOT a good singer? When she sang with Stevie Nicks, she just sounded terrible???? She writes some good bubble gum songs I guess, but I don't see the big deal........?????

Yes I know what you mean about the bubblegum stuff OWF. It's just not convincing at all. Not heard much of her stuff but this cover shows that she can sing. No autotune on this that vid I'd wager. Unlike most of the drivel served up on Saturday night TV over here, although I admit, I am rather partial to this year's X Factor. Don't go there!

Anyway, I always like to take the opportunity of pointing out an SWD in a professional's hands.

And I love the blinged up Koa Taylor she is playing!

It's either you, or all those people doling out all those impressive awards she's got on her trophy shelf are clueless. [smile]

Well.....most awards are based on record sales, most record sales are by teeny boppers, so we know her audience, now are the masses the best judge of music talent?? I'm not sure, marketing can MAKE a super star or super group. Look at the Jonas brothers.......I mean really??? It seems talent doesn't really matter, Disney is the star making machine it seems, and that is the record buying public. I haven't bought a CD (except at garage sales) for 5 years. I like the links you guys post on this forum, getting to know a lot of good new music......but I'd rather play than listen......just me....

I've heard of her (I get the Wood and Steel from Taylor lol) but never really listened. This was a nice three guitar sound and her voice is charming and has a wonderful quality to it. She sounds a bit like Melody Gardot although I think Melody is by far the better singer. I enjoyed this very much.

I've now seen her here, on Grammys and on the Country Music awards, is it just me or is she just NOT a good singer? When she sang with Stevie Nicks, she just sounded terrible???? She writes some good bubble gum songs I guess, but I don't see the big deal........?????

She's talentless.

OK, that's maybe a bit harsh. She's of below average talent. Her success is based on her looks and her ability to attract attention because of those looks. She's a below average singer and a poor songwriter. Why anyone over the age of 16 pays any attention to her is beyond me. There's a some good music out there, but garbage like this drowns it out.

She's talentless.

OK, that's maybe a bit harsh. She's of below average talent. Her success is based on her looks and her ability to attract attention because of those looks. She's a below average singer and a poor songwriter. Why anyone over the age of 16 pays any attention to her is beyond me. There's a some good music out there, but garbage like this drowns it out.

The enmity is strong in your post.

Do you feel better now?

AMEN, BROTHER!!!!

Archived