Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - Epi Special II

58EpiFan

I apologize for the delay. Here are pictures of the Epi Special II package I received as my 15 year anniversary at work. (Nothing too "Special!!" :rolleyes:) I didn't have time to take pictures of everything that came with it. A strap, amp, 3 picks and a pitch-pipe tuner.

EPISpecialII014.jpg

EPISpecialII015.jpg

EPISpecialII016.jpg

EPISpecialII017.jpg

EPISpecialII020.jpg

EPISpecialII021.jpg

EPISpecialII022.jpg

Jim

I apologize for the delay. Here are pictures of the Epi Special II package I received as my 15 year anniversary at work. (Nothing too "Special!!" :rolleyes:)

EPISpecialII017.jpg

Jim

I LIKE it! Sure beats the heck out of a WATCH, eh? I always get excited about opening

up new goodies (GITS) even if I DO know what's inside. [drool][drool][drool]

I used to run away screaming from BLACK Guitars due to the fact that they show

fingerprints like mad, but no more - Black is a GOOD color for your LP!!!!

Yepper, your git WAS made in 06/2008 at factory #23 in Indonesia. This means the strings on

it have been there since the Ming Dynasty.

Epis come with .046 - .010 ("Medium") strings, and most players tend to use that gauge.

I like to BEND 'dem notes, so I use .042 - .009 ("Lights"), just personal preference.

String Brand - everyone has a personal preference!

A GOOD set-up is in order as a couple of years in a box have most likely (ahem) allowed

the original factory settings to change.

String Action:

EPI - From factory comes at 6/64ths LOW E and 4/64ths HI E (supposedly).

GIBSON Specs - 5/64ths LOW E and 3/64ths HI E.

You are now ready to start wearing Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin T-Shirts to work.

Congrats on your new, finally arrived, guitar!!!!

Heh, heh - After a 10 year Hiatus from playing, I took the plunge and snagged my

2008 Epi LP Studio. My girlfriend had no idea I could even play. On my first couple

of attempts at "re-discovering my chops", things went rather poorly, as expected.

Her INITIAL Comment:

"Oh, wow - You S*CK"... (Gee, thanks for the motivation) [crying] .

After a couple of weeks, she was asking:

"Is that YOU, or the CD?". [thumbup]

Just like riding a bicycle.

I LIKE it! Sure beats the heck out of a WATCH, eh? I always get excited about opening

up new goodies (GITS) even if I DO know what's inside. [drool][drool][drool]

I used to run away screaming from BLACK Guitars due to the fact that they show

fingerprints like mad, but no more - Black is a GOOD color for your LP!!!!

Yepper, your git WAS made in 06/2008 at factory #23 in Indonesia. This means the strings on

it have been there since the Ming Dynasty.

Epis come with .046 - .010 ("Medium") strings, and most players tend to use that gauge.

I like to BEND 'dem notes, so I use .042 - .009 ("Lights"), just personal preference.

String Brand - everyone has a personal preference!

A GOOD set-up is in order as a couple of years in a box have most likely (ahem) allowed

the original factory settings to change.

String Action:

EPI - From factory comes at 6/64ths LOW E and 4/64ths HI E (supposedly).

GIBSON Specs - 5/64ths LOW E and 3/64ths HI E.

You are now ready to start wearing Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin T-Shirts to work.

Congrats on your new, finally arrived, guitar!!!!

Heh, heh - After a 10 year Hiatus from playing, I took the plunge and snagged my

2008 Epi LP Studio. My girlfriend had no idea I could even play. On my first couple

of attempts at "re-discovering my chops", things went rather poorly, as expected.

Her INITIAL Comment:

"Oh, wow - You S*CK"... (Gee, thanks for the motivation) [crying] .

After a couple of weeks, she was asking:

"Is that YOU, or the CD?". [thumbup]

Just like riding a bicycle.

Thanks animalfarm! Yeah, definitely beats a watch! I am really liking the black finish as well. When you are talking about the string height, where is that measured? I plan on getting new strings. What brand would you recommend? I went to GC today and there are so many brands. [confused] The kid behind the counter recommended Ernie Ball Super Slinkies.

Thanks,

Jim

Congrats on the new guitar. I'm glad it arrived safe and sound!

Slinkys, eh? Why do guitars stores ALWAYS recommed slinkys? I think that of all the guitar strings I've ever tried, Ernie Balls are my least favorite. To me, they seem to take forever to settle, and when they finally do, they sound dead. Thats my take, anyway. Others may disagree. It really IS a personal preference.

I usually just buy D'addarios because they are inexpensive, settle quickly and seem to last an average amount of time.

Archived