Gibson Brands Forums

Firebird X Revolution contest

Stephen B

Hey all!

This is my first post over here at the gibson forums and I thought it'd be a cool idea to have a thread for all the entries to the 'Give Me A Revolution' contest that Gibson are running at the moment.

Here's mine

Hope you all enjoy! I really want to see some of the other stuff people have been doing for it!

Cheers

Stephen B

Hey all!

This is my first post over here at the gibson forums and I thought it'd be a cool idea to have a thread for all the entries to the 'Give Me A Revolution' contest that Gibson are running at the moment.

Here's mine

Hope you all enjoy! I really want to see some of the other stuff people have been doing for it!

Cheers

Stephen B

Pretty much, everyone has been saying **** THE FIREBIRD X

I think that is all.

Cool vid

Pretty much, everyone has been saying **** THE FIREBIRD X

I think that is all.

Cool vid

Ouch, that's pretty harsh! I gotta say though, it's a fantastic idea for pop studios that just need guitars to fill out the mix, I'm not sure they designed this to be a gigging guitar, if they marketed it as a 'for use in the studio' instrument and as a peice of Studio FX kit I'd say it'd be in for a warmer reception, It'd save ojus amounts of time and switching between amps and the like, that's why I like the idea. Don't get me wrong though, I love Les Pauls and SG's and 335's but I'd say this could be worth a try at least!

Thanks for the feedback on the vid btw :D

Good work man! I enjoyed your vid...

Yeah most of the folks on here are anti-Firebird X and are proud luddites. :) I've always said if someone gave it to me, i'd play the 'ell out of it but its a bit rich for my wallet at the moment.

Good luck dude!

Ah, fair play, I agree it's pricey alright, but I'd say the price will hitch down in future. Im really looking forward to seeing if any big artists take it on though. Yeah it's made for playing so if it's going why not!

Thanks for the feedback! Has anyone else on the forum given the contest a go?

G'luck!

Good work man! I enjoyed your vid...

Yeah most of the folks on here are anti-Firebird X and are proud luddites. :) I've always said if someone gave it to me, i'd play the 'ell out of it but its a bit rich for my wallet at the moment.

Good luck dude!

I'd sell it. Get the custom made guitar of my dreams for that money

That guitar is not designed for the working musician; way too many things can and will go wrong; looks like a few slabs of plywood with stain. Plus if it was a Revolution it would have a few original ideas and not rehashing the same ole failed ideas from the 60's.

I disagree, the guitar isn't out for another 3 weeks so we don't know what will and wont go wrong yet. In the studio I reckon it'd be quite useful, that's what I'd use it for if the need arose. The looks are a little love it or hate it I'll give you that, but I think people are being a bit too quick to judge this as a failure.

Hey all!

Here's mine

Cheers

Stephen B

Great Video, If you have all quicktime effects loaded into adobe premiere, you should add the dust and scratches, and occasionally cut out some frames to make it look like an authentic 50's psa.

After that you will have the best video.

I disagree, the guitar isn't out for another 3 weeks so we don't know what will and wont go wrong yet. In the studio I reckon it'd be quite useful, that's what I'd use it for if the need arose. The looks are a little love it or hate it I'll give you that, but I think people are being a bit too quick to judge this as a failure.

Wait...did you just make sense?

No way! [scared]

Stephen, are you trying to get a gig with Gibson's marketing department. [sneaky]

[thumbup][biggrin]

Well if it works for you; go for it. For me its a series of plywood with stain. You sound really young or inexperienced. This crap was attempted in the 60's and 70's and wonder why its not here today because it was a huge epic fail. The firmware in the guitar that drives the effects is way to limiting; if a battery fails (which it will if past history is taken in effect) the guitar is dead. Finally its just frigging ugly. Maybe this post can be moved to a area where it belongs like the section for that guitar.

Personally I would want my effects on the floor if I used them not in the guitar; pretty simple.

'Young and inexperienced'

Young sure, why not, I think I've played enough gigs to have an idea of what I want though and I really like the other gibson guitars, and own fenders and Prs but all I'm saying is if Gibson want to do something like the Firebird X then why not. I want to try something new and the fact is that they're offering one for free in this competition, the least I'm gonna do is try!

All you have to do is not buy it, there's no point in saying 'It's ****' over and over again, I think Gibson kinda get the idea (by now). Furthermore I don't agree with them smashing an SG in the demonstration and Gibson is certainly no Apple but I'm not going to be completely against the idea until I give it a go myself.

This post was really just meant to be about the competition but everyone's just turned it into a big 'Screw the firebird X' thread. There's loads of these on the web already, I dont see the point in making this another one!

(Oh thanks for the feedback on the video everyone, I haven't quite worked out how to add small amounts of dust and scratches in vegas yet, but I'm working on it)

In response to the thing about marketing..

"Marketing? What the hell do I know about marketing?"

Hey all!

Here's mine

Cheers

Stephen B

That was fun. And funny too, in a good way. Nice work.

'Young and inexperienced'

Young sure, why not, I think I've played enough gigs to have an idea of what I want though and I really like the other gibson guitars, and own fenders and Prs but all I'm saying is if Gibson want to do something like the Firebird X then why not. I want to try something new and the fact is that they're offering one for free in this competition, the least I'm gonna do is try!

All you have to do is not buy it, there's no point in saying 'It's ****' over and over again, I think Gibson kinda get the idea (by now). Furthermore I don't agree with them smashing an SG in the demonstration and Gibson is certainly no Apple but I'm not going to be completely against the idea until I give it a go myself.

This post was really just meant to be about the competition but everyone's just turned it into a big 'Screw the firebird X' thread. There's loads of these on the web already, I dont see the point in making this another one!

(Oh thanks for the feedback on the video everyone, I haven't quite worked out how to add small amounts of dust and scratches in vegas yet, but I'm working on it)

In response to the thing about marketing..

"Marketing? What the hell do I know about marketing?"

Very nice video..well done...This will become another anti X thread. I was not aware that they were giving away an X...Maybe I'll make a video of me playing my Gibbies in all the ways that they were meant to be played, proving to Gibson that wood, four knobs, one switch and an amp is all that is needed, then I'LL win the competition, get the X-prize, sell it on e-bay and buy me a LP re-issue !!!!!!!

The song that comes to mind here is Pink Floyd's " RUN !! RUN !! RUN !! "

Sorry to rain on your parade.....[confused][rolleyes][scared][blink]:-({|=](*,)+:-@[-X[lol]

Very nice video..well done...This will become another anti X thread. I was not aware that they were giving away an X...Maybe I'll make a video of me playing my Gibbies in all the ways that they were meant to be played, proving to Gibson that wood, four knobs, one switch and an amp is all that is needed, then I'LL win the competition, get the X-prize, sell it on e-bay and buy me a LP re-issue !!!!!!!

The song that comes to mind here is Pink Floyd's " RUN !! RUN !! RUN !! "

Sorry to rain on your parade.....[confused][rolleyes][scared][blink]:-({|=](*,)+:-@[-X[lol]

HOLY S**T I THINK I JUST PI$$3ED MYSELF!

msp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gif

+1

I have just been informed that the Custom shop is already developing the first Firebird X re-issue !!.........Code named Firebird X Green LEED Certified; it will be solar powered and covered in solar cells with a green flouresent hue, be made from sustainable forest genuine alder with a genuine pine top ( non-flamed ), be voice activated, and it will not only be swiss cheesed, but will also be chambered !!! No Epi version is planned at this time.....Buyers of the new Chevy Volt will be given first dibs and discounts on the first one hundred units. It WILL be facebook compatible, and no, sorry, no video contests are planned at this time.....However, a genuine Luddite R9 will be destroyed at the unveiling in 2014 by the Terminater himself, Schwarzenegger, as he proudly states, " Dis iz da fucha ov gutas, R9s won't be bach. "

( in jest, of course ) [flapper][scared]#-o

We have complimented Stephen B on his entry, and his video is very very well done.....His video is fantasic, and I do hope that he wins the prize. It is a remarkable step in a new direction for Gibson, and I do wish it success in all ways and avenues. I do not visit the X forum, the X forum came here. Once again, the X is a remarkable creation, and I await to see how well it is adopted by working musicians and the professionals whom we admire and adore. And once again, Stephen B's video is wonderful, a truly nice piece of art; very well done...Endorsements by critically recognized artists will be welcomed by non-believers...Perhaps one should remember that the original Les Paul was scorned when it first arrived many years ago with it's pickups, knobs, and arched tops that many thought belonged only on violins....Perhaps, ShredAstaire, the responses here are written more in fear of the unknown, and have been made in immature misunderstanding of what theFirebird X is, can be, and will be......I will do detailed research on actual testimonials on and about and from the time of the introduction of the original Les Pauls.

Having said that, I must say that no, I am not worthy, not worthy at all, of playing or owning an X guitar...

I am worthy of owning a flame top Gibson Les Paul re-issue 1959 with a subtle burst, and I will own one.....And those who wish to own any model of the X guitar will own one; I hope that they do, and I hope that they treasure them...............

Once again, wonderful video Stephen, and I hope that you win the prize; really, and sincerely...

I am worthy of owning a flame top Gibson Les Paul re-issue 1959 with a subtle burst, and I will own one.....And those who wish to own any model of the X guitar will own one; I hope that they do, and I hope that they treasure them...............

Once again, wonderful video Stephen, and I hope that you win the prize; really, and sincerely...

I have absoloutley no idea whether you're being sarcastic or not (thus is the nature of forums and the like) but regardless, thanks for the compliments and I hope you get your 1959 Flame Top.. I hope I get one too mind...

I have absoloutley no idea whether you're being sarcastic or not (thus is the nature of forums and the like) but regardless, thanks for the compliments and I hope you get your 1959 Flame Top.. I hope I get one too mind...

Stephen B, I actually was and am being serious.....I am not aware if this " is the nature of forums and the like." When ShredAstaire posted his post, I wondered if you and him knew each other and you had privately complained to him...It gave me enough pause to make sure that YOU knew that my two posts were in jest, and that no actual malice of any kind was directed at you in a personal way...The general consensus seems to swing a bit against supporting the X guitar percentage wise in the lounge, and your thread was a bit like opening up a Pandora's box...IMO Gibson allows and tolerates a reasonable amount of 'creative' freedom on the lounge because it can help give them a 'pulse' of sorts on how their 'private public' (of sorts) and 'hardcore' customers view the directions that they are going in...I also hope that you didn't view any posts as 'hijacking' your thread.......I do not have any interest in the X guitar at all. Most of the Gibbies I do have interest in are Custom Shop or are not currently being made, such as the L6S, the Nighthawk, Blueshawk, and the L5S...I still stand by my posts.......and I hope you win the X-Prize......See my PM to you....

Archived