Gibson Brands Forums

Post your favorite pedal

Dub-T-123

I agree with GIANTRobOT42O. May be a little tricky at first, but it's easy to learn. With a drumming background, I found it fairly easy to work with. And very fun to use as well.

I think it's a must peddle for most. Especially if you don't play music with other people. The drum rhythm patterns are very nice as well.

Thanks! I'm trying to get something together, but until I can find folks who actually want to play, I could use something to tighten up with.

Looks like this might be the ticket....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long did it take you to get the timing on your loops down so there was no gap between the end of one and the start of another on this?

OH... and does it add much line noise???

[drool]

I have GOT to get a grip.... any 12 step programs for pedal junkies???

It's all right Chanman, just don't go crazy on the pedal scene.

Buy, sell and trade as needed.

Vox ToneLab LE

But I've recently decided I am a pedal junkie, so it would be hard to say which one pedal I couldn't live without....

100_1604.jpg

I'm hoping to get a couple more for Christmas

[blush]

How do you like that Tubedriver Chan? I've heard great things about em, and have throwing around the thought of getting one.

How do you like that Tubedriver Chan? I've heard great things about em, and have throwing around the thought of getting one.

I love it!

When I was gigging, it was the tube driver into an Arion analog delay into a Marshall Lead 12. The tone was likely the best I've ever gotten.

You probably aren't going to find the Chandler Tube Drivers out there anymore, as they were ripped off from B.K. Butler, the guy who came up with the design... you CAN however, buy directly from Butler on Ebay, and the ones he builds now allow you to adjust the bias via pot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TUBE-DRIVER-NEW-Original-Production-BK-Butler-/270666636225?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3f04fd1bc1

They are a might pricey these days (I gave $199 for mine back in the late '80s/early '90s time frame), but if you're looking for a tube driver, I'd recomend you give them a try.

It's all right Chanman, just don't go crazy on the pedal scene.

Buy, sell and trade as needed.

That's my problem, Cali. 8-[

A f'rinstance...

I'm in the local music store... the one who stocks walls full of those $30 Mexican Flag guitars... and he pulls out this Danelectro Pepperoni Phase Shifter pedal. It's got almost no adjustments on it, just speed. It's cheap, so I buy it... take it home. Then I write a song using it....

Now I've got the Boss PH-3, but I just can't dial in the same effect I got off the Danelectro. So I kept the Pepperoni pedal, and it stays in it's box on the shelf so I can use it on that one song.

:lol:

Don't get me wrong... I don't still have every pedal I've ever owned. I've traded in several once I realized I just didn't care for the effect. No more flangers for me, for instance, as I'm not a big fan. I let an original MXR Phase 90 go (to get the Marshall Amp iirc) because I just wasn't using it at all.

Perhaps there's hope....

I look at them like spices in a spice rack... yeah, I may not need that Chilean Ghost Pepper for but one dish, but when I need it, I need it.

Taking my Korg Pitchblack tuner and my ISP noise pedal out of the equation the only pedal I'm using is a Bixonic Expandora.

It gives my Peavey Classic 50 just a little extra low end grunt. It's set quite subtle and I run it with the amp's gain set to 9/12.

But it's certainly noticeable and I like it. :)

The only pedal I use is the behringer chorus orchestra, It sounds pretty good run through my blues junior amp. I'm curious does the Fulltone Supa-Trem give a good surfy sound?

Yeah it should give you that surfy trem/ vibrato sound but a lot of that depends on your guitar. You're probably not gonna sound too surfy if you're using that SG.

I decided that the LovePedal COT 50 is definitely my new favorite pedal. I pretty much have it on

all the time now. I had the LovePedal AMP 50 in that spot before, and it was a great little booster

but the Church of Tone version is more transparent and open sounding. I'm just lovin' it with Strats

and with a Les Paul it's all the boost I need into the 18 watt Marshall for a killer blues/classic rock

tone - real good dynamics with the volume knob. It's one of those pedals that really inspires. As much

as I loved the AMP 50, looks like it's headed to eBay because this COT 50 is just that d*mn good.

DSC_0004-1-1.jpg

Archived