Gibson Brands Forums

Post your favorite pedal

Dub-T-123

The title pretty much says it all. If you must, you can post more than one pedal.

I guess I could live with no pedals.. But that would suck.

My favorite pedal is definately my Fuzz Factory. Every time I turn it on I'm hooked for hours. I've been messing around with kindof a medium gain old school fuzz setting and if I roll the volume on my guitar down just a couple knotches it gives me the ratty low gain fuzz of my dreams. I LOVE it!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I guess I'd have to say a Tube Screamer of some sort must be in my lineup. TS-9 or TS-808.

However I need a good signal splitter for running two amps in stereo, for that I prefer a good Stereo Chorus. For that the MXR M-134 fits the bill.

It's a Tie between a Good Stereo Chorus and a Tube Screamer.

Tough call, but it is either my OD808 (it's been my dirty sound since 2002)

5f6fd3ffab5811e9d9e75434580f60aa.jpg

Or my FuzzFactory. Best sonic assault in a box.

fuzz_factory_big_new.jpg

Nice choices. My main setup right now is pretty similar. I've been going Fuzz Factory > MXR Classic OD > (sometimes) Crybaby. The Fuzz Factory is the best pedal ever!

Now I gotta try out a Fuzz Factory, damn you guys [thumbup]

Yeah you do. Just print out that list of settings and try the very first one (called 60s fuzz) and play around with the different pickups and volume and tone knobs (on your guitar of course) and I bet you'll be sold right there. Then try out some of the compressed Velcro sounds and oscillation and it will blow your mind.

By the way when I use the 60s fuzz setting I lower the gain a little and raise the volume a little. It gives it a little more treble and clarity for chords. It sounds amazing IMO.

Twiz - nice Rat man!

Some of you may know by now that I own no pedals. This isn't a matter of principle, it's just that I'm very tight-fisted.

After looking at them on Youtube, though, I realize that I need both a Jetter Gain Stage Blue and a Gain Stage Red. It might sound silly (seeing as how I haven't played through either yet,) but in the demos I've seen of them, they pretty much nail my ideal lead and (crunchy) rhythm tones, respectively.

EDIT: I just saw the GS3...WOW.

Archived