Gibson Brands Forums

Sleeping in Treehouses

Californiaman

You have to come down sometime.

Joan Baez Falls From Treehouse

Posted on Friday November 19, 2010 at 05:01 PM 2 |

Paramedics rushed Joan Baez to the hospital on Wednesday after she fell climbing down from the treehouse behind her Woodside, Calif., home.

The 69-year-old folk singer-songwriter was treated and released from Stanford Hospital that day, having only suffered minor injuries, according to San Jose Mercury News (via RollingStone.com).

Nancy Lutzow, who runs Baez’s productions company, told the paper that Baez was “resting comfortably” on Thursday.

During the summer Baez often sleeps in the wall-less treehouse, which is located 20 feet high in an oak tree.

“I like to see the sky and the stars,” Baez told U.K. newspaper The Independent during a 2008 interview, in which she explained the treehouse is more of a platform. “Sometimes the birds are flying so close to my head I can feel the wind. Those things are heaven to me.”

Next year Baez is scheduled to perform a round of dates through France with gigs scheduled March 25-April 9.

Some old habits are hard to stop.

Once a tree hugger, always an eviromentalist whack job...

Of course that is just my opinion, just saying..

Ah man, Sparky Scott !!!!!!! I LOVE HUGGING TREES !!!!!!!!

I just cut 'em down first .........[flapper][scared] :unsure: ..........How can ANY guitarist be a tree hugger ???

Don't bring any of that environmental B.S. into MY political thread. [-(

I wouldn't dream of doing that Neo.....[thumbup] I'm waiting for Xdemonnight to start an eviornmental b.s. political thread about the religious responsibilities on NOT picking on trees, or their decendants, so I can hijak it with more Stealers Wheel cover tunes...[flapper][rolleyes][scared]

( just kidding Xdemonnight, just kidding, I like your posts. ) [thumbup]

And I like your cover tunes.

[woot][thumbup][lol] B)

How do you like my disclaimer below?

Figured that should cover it, eh?

Yup....That is priceless.....I show my gal most of the intriguing, relevant, irrelevant, priceless, and top notch threads and posts.....gotta say, she loves them...

She even told me, " I'm glad that you are doing something important besides law studies." Supportive women are so good to have...

" Trees don't kill people, Tree houses kill people." a bumper sticker idea for liberals.

I wouldn't dream of doing that Neo.....[thumbup] I'm waiting for Xdemonnight to start an eviornmental b.s. political thread about the religious responsibilities on NOT picking on trees, or their decendants, so I can hijak it with more Stealers Wheel cover tunes...[flapper][rolleyes][scared]

( just kidding Xdemonnight, just kidding, I like your posts. ) [thumbup]

First of all: I'm pretty much secular over here. Religious talk seldom makes it into my posts--theological content, maybe, but nothing regarding my worship (or lack thereof) of God or gods as such, nothing regarding my adherence (or lack thereof) to religious creed or dogma, so on and so forth. I'll leave it at that.

Second: We all know I don't start political threads. I just wait until someone posts something I find objectionable, then I proceed to flame them and make mountains out of mole hills. Then I get torn down by the big boys and I bawl and beg until I'm more-or-less forgiven. :mellow: :unsure:

Third: Sleeping in a treehouse with no walls is silly, no matter who you are. [lol] Roll too far to one side or the other and you're back on the ground, with a loud THUD. Ouch.

Fourth: I'm all for cutting down some trees--mostly the ones that make the best guitars. Then again, I'm also all for planting and growing trees--specifically, the ones that make the best guitars.

Fifth: We'd all like to read some more of your Stealers Wheel parodies. Better yet, record them and post 'em up. [thumbup] Not going to lie though, I was a little hurt by the one you put up. [sad]

All kidding aside, whether one liked Baez' politics or not, I think she's been a lot more consistent within herself and to the rest of the world than most of her contemporaries. With all due respect to some others, she would not have been photographed with a big AAA used by "the other side" during wartime.

That said, I'll add I like her singing. I've a hunch I'd not be likely to like her much.

As for the treehouse schtick...

I'm starting to conclude that a lotta folks in my general age group have gotten entirely to the point where they're doing what they wanna do and the @$#%@ with the rest of the world. They'd sometimes hide it when they were a bit younger. Sometimes not. Now? I think they figure they're old and it doesn't make any possible difference what anybody else thinks.

I've noticed the same basic perspective from libertarians, leftists except a certain type or two such as traditional Marxists who tend to be "conservative" in lifestyle and religious leftists of various descriptions who feel they hafta "fit" with a specific group, centrists and right wingers of most descriptions. The real religious right seems to wanna fit in with their own groups kinda like the Marxists. Most of the late age 40s through perhaps early 70s seem to be more "I'm doing what I want and if anybody else doesn't like it, so what, it ain't illegal - yet - and even if it is..."

Actually that's been the case for years for the generational group as a whole.

For what it's worth, I'd say my age and up for 10 years probably are gonna be the most apparently "odd" on the assumption they mighta missed out on something so they're gonna make up for it now.

m

I like Joan's voice and guitar picking style

Some of her views are perhaps a bit strident

I would love to have a tree house/platform

One cannot beat that feeling of sleeping outside

With an adjustment for safety

I hope she

Continues To Do It

:-({|=

V

I like Joan's voice and guitar picking style

Some of her views are perhaps a bit strident

I would love to have a tree house/platform

One cannot beat that feeling of sleeping outside

With an adjustment for safety

I hope she

Continues To Do It

:-({|=

V

I am a fan of hers, and I agree with all you said above ( and say on other threads ) ...You are quietly awesome Versitale, thankyou...

All kidding aside, whether one liked Baez' politics or not, I think she's been a lot more consistent within herself and to the rest of the world than most of her contemporaries. With all due respect to some others, she would not have been photographed with a big AAA used by "the other side" during wartime.

That said, I'll add I like her singing. I've a hunch I'd not be likely to like her much.

As for the treehouse schtick...

I'm starting to conclude that a lotta folks in my general age group have gotten entirely to the point where they're doing what they wanna do and the @$#%@ with the rest of the world. They'd sometimes hide it when they were a bit younger. Sometimes not. Now? I think they figure they're old and it doesn't make any possible difference what anybody else thinks.

I've noticed the same basic perspective from libertarians, leftists except a certain type or two such as traditional Marxists who tend to be "conservative" in lifestyle and religious leftists of various descriptions who feel they hafta "fit" with a specific group, centrists and right wingers of most descriptions. The real religious right seems to wanna fit in with their own groups kinda like the Marxists. Most of the late age 40s through perhaps early 70s seem to be more "I'm doing what I want and if anybody else doesn't like it, so what, it ain't illegal - yet - and even if it is..."

Actually that's been the case for years for the generational group as a whole.

For what it's worth, I'd say my age and up for 10 years probably are gonna be the most apparently "odd" on the assumption they mighta missed out on something so they're gonna make up for it now.

m

Awesome points my friend, except that I am sure that you meant that it is Jane Fonda who hugs AAA North Viet Cong guns, while Joan is a peace loving American Hippie gal who rocks !!!

Damian...

I think you might could say you nailed it. I just didn't care to mention the other name.

I think one can respect a true pacifist regardless how one might disagree. I'm not at all sure about the other...

m

Archived