Gibson Brands Forums

Stupid question thread

Silenced Fred

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the numerical designation of some California town or the other's police, indicating pot smoking in progress. After enough people started using it, it caught on and went nation wide.

Hella first post, my man!!

Welcome to the Forum :)

OK, so there has been a few questions rolling about my brain for 50 years or so, so here they are!

If the doctors and nutritionists tell us that ALL the food we eat turns to FAT, what happens if we just eat FAT, does it turn to FOOD?

You eat corn on the cob, chew it well, and it comes back out WHOLE. You eat creamed corn and it still comes back out WHOLE, what gives.

And the question I have pondered for 40+ years: When a fly lands on the ceiling, at what point in it's flight does it turn upside down?

OK, so there has been a few questions rolling about my brain for 50 years or so, so here they are!

If the doctors and nutritionists tell us that ALL the food we eat turns to FAT, what happens if we just eat FAT, does it turn to FOOD?

You eat corn on the cob, chew it well, and it comes back out WHOLE. You eat creamed corn and it still comes back out WHOLE, what gives.

And the question I have pondered for 40+ years: When a fly lands on the ceiling, at what point in it's flight does it turn upside down?

1. Yes.

2. Thats just how it goes.

3. Whenever it feels like it.

10-4 on the corn... [thumbup]

And I read something years ago about the fly landing on the ceiling;

It's basically a trapeze act.

They turn up toward the ceiling and their foremost legs make contact while the wings are still controlling their path.

Basically land doing a handstand and momentum pushes them over for their remaining legs to make contact.

If they miss, they simply back up and try again.

Similarly, ya know how mosquito repellent works?

(The TV ads show a hand in a clear box of 'em and none of them land)

It doesn't actually drive them away.

It screws up their ability to sense direction and spatial orientation.

They are afraid they will blindly crash-land so they stay airborn.

OK, these answers have been rolling around in my brain for about fifty seconds. Let's see how they work for you?

Yes! I wrote my senior dissertation on exactly this subject back in 1972. Of course, I proved it by using only logical fallacies, so...

eat corn on the cob, chew it well, and it comes back out WHOLE. You eat creamed corn and it still comes back out WHOLE, what gives.

Obviously the human body's natural response to corn reception is the production of more corn within the bowels. In other words, the corn you see is not the same as the corn you ate--the corn merely acts as a trigger for corn synthesis in the digestive system.

This one I actually know the answer to, sort of. Apparently, right before the fly reaches the surface, it performs something of a backwards somersault and lands its suction cups on the ceiling. OK, so I didn't answer when--my assumption is that it varies--but I did answer how, sort of.

#1. Why am I taller than my mother AND my father? Not by much but I'm just asking. And no, my Mom didn't-don't even say it.

#2. Is it really possible to memorize the Kreb's cycle for long periods of time and if so, WTF? (W is why here).

#3. Why am I wanting a new guitar every 3.14159265358979323846 months?

#1. Why am I taller than my mother AND my father? Not by much but I'm just asking. And no, my Mom didn't-don't even say it.

#2. Is it really possible to memorize the Kreb's cycle for long periods of time and if so, WTF? (W is why here).

#1; I don't know, I'm adopted. You aren't. You appear taller as your parents shrink with age. Your goodness makes you appear taller than you are.

#2; It is possible, but the guy who figured it out was on sunshine citric acid at the time, and was riding a uni-cycle at the time; It can be done, but it would be an inKrebable feat.

#3; Easy answer; You do get a new guitar every 9.3123151861815915242721 months. Which is evironmentally friendly since a Zebra wood tree is cut down at the rate of one every 6.3831527 days.

But you still crave new guitars and won't settle for pie.

( the numbers are real, not made up )

1. Because genetics is a lot like new math.

2. Yes; and because some folks have extra brain space they do not use.

3. Because you haven't found the right one's yet. Once you do, your thirst will be quenched, and you can hold out for much longer... say 9.8696044 months.

Why is it "cool" to hate on other musicians? Just because they don't share your taste in music, or you don't like what they do?

Serious question

Hey... no serious questions. Go start your own thread. [-X[wink]

Why is it "cool" to hate on other musicians? Just because they don't share your taste in music, or you don't like what they do?

Serious question

Something I learned as an author:

Never scoff at published work.

This is a great thread.

1. Why do I sometimes get annoying echo when I talk on my cellphone? Sometimes when I talk, I hear myself again a second later and it's really annoying.

2. Why do chicks often chase after men who treat them like dirt? Why do they crave that challenge? [confused]

3. For a guitar question: I sometimes wonder why some musician doesn't take a 12-string electric and use it with a nice amount of overdrive. Theoretically, wouldn't it have a really rich, full sound on the chords? I would try it if I have the money for a nice Rick 12-string! [thumbup]

Something I learned as an author:

Never scoff at published work.

This won't get me much "forum cred" here, but I routinely listen to pop music and the sort. Not because I particularily enjoy it, but I'm trying to figure out how to capture the essence of that into my music to get people to listen to it. Not to get too 'gimmicky" with it, but get it heard.

All pop music is crap, now I can get some respect :rolleyes:

Archived