Gibson Brands Forums

Egnater Amps

STAR CHILD

Hey Guy's,

I hear lots of great things about Egnater Amps! I'm thinking about

buying the Renegade 65 watt head, and the 2- 12 cabinet. From the various

samples I've heard, this amp seems to really get the tone I want?

I know they are made in China, but the quality is really outstanding!!!

So what do you all think?

Thanks so much

I've not played through them much, but I seem them showing up more and more onstage behind guitar players.

I'd say that speaks highly of them.

Don't let Chinese made be an automatic <minus> I have some excellent quality instruments made in China.

If you've played though one and it's giving you the sound you want, pull the trigger :)

Egnater amps are the cat's pajamas. They are great all around. Rugged, well built, great features.... I have the Tourmaster head and cabinet, Renagade combo, and the Tweaker head...love em..

I have a Rebel and a Tweaker and they're great. I had a problem with my Rebel and Bruce Egnater talked with me personally and followed through to make sure my unit got fixed. Super fast turnatround. We talked about tubes and speakers and he was very helpful. Then he found and friended me on Facebook. It's nice to have the boss right there when you need him.

[thumbup]

I too have heard great things about Egnater and more so about there higher-end models (Renegade, Tourmaster etc.). I had a Tweaker Combo for about a month and I was dissapointed in it...I thought it was very dark sounding and that the only voice that was usable to me was the AC. The British voice muddied everything up, and I only used the US setting for cleans. I traded it in for a Vox Night-Train and really love that little monster..I would really like to try the Rebel or a Renegade and see how they compare..

I too have heard great things about Egnater and more so about there higher-end models (Renegade, Tourmaster etc.). I had a Tweaker Combo for about a month and I was dissapointed in it...I thought it was very dark sounding and that the only voice that was usable to me was the AC. The British voice muddied everything up, and I only used the US setting for cleans. I traded it in for a Vox Night-Train and really love that little monster..I would really like to try the Rebel or a Renegade and see how they compare..

For some reason the Tweaker is darker than their other amps...Despite all of the switches, it is a bit different than their other amps....

I would love an Egnater Tourmaster or renegade.

Got 'em both.....Last year I had $$$$ to spend, went guitar and amp shopping.......Tried out many amps in a private booth; thought I wanted a Mesa, tried them all, none caught my tones right ( the new Mark V will ), had never heard or tried out Egnater amps....I plugged a LP Custom into a Renagade; within literally 90 seconds, I decided to buy both and I did..Two days later I went back and got the TourMaster head and cabinet without even trying it out....Best bang for the buck IMO.

Had the Rebel 20 but got the Rebel 30 instead - true 2 channel. Absolutely love it. And for built in digital reverb, it's very usable. Great classic rock, blues, and clean tone. Probably a little short for metal but I don't play metal so that's OK. Of course, you can always pedal that. Want to get a Renegade but the Rebel does things so well, it's hard to justify getting the Renegade . . . though I still might!

Thought I might add that, though I don't like the Chinese things either, in over a year of daily use I have have zero problems.

Looked like Rascal Flats had 'em on stage tonight at the ACA awards...

I saw a butterfly on my porch today, my granddaughter got an A in math today, global warming continued, or not; none of this had anything to do with Egnater amps.

I also came real close to buying that 100 watter head; glad ya like it.

The Marshall you chose is awesome Guitarest. The TourMaster Head is not geared for what you do.....Heck, I don't use mine unless it's asked for....Wattage choices for each of four channels from 10 to 100 tube watts; overkill heaven. When you can, you'll get one. The Renagades are the cat's pajamas.

I do miss owning a Marshall though...[thumbup]

Archived