Gibson Brands Forums

Another Fake on Ebay?

Andy R

Seems a bit hinky to me.

Check it out

Notice this under the description:

"Just to clearify things, this item will be shipping from an offshore warehouse"msp_wink.gif

Just noticed the DHGAte.com on the picture watermarh so I'm 99.9 % Sure.

COntacted seller and eBay just incase.

Correct me if I am wrong here.

But I believe that the 54 custom RI has a maple top and the description claims it has a mahogany top.

That and the fact they are selling it for 650 USD when it retails for 4k state side......

That and the photos look like they were poached from Music Zoo's site.

I'm gonna call this one as fake.

Just MHO.

msp_thumbdn.gifmsp_thumbdn.gifmsp_thumbdn.gif

I'm not by any means up on 6 stringers, but if it sounds to good rot be true, it's usually a good thing to stay away from. $650.00? That should tip you off right there. if they normally go for 4K.

Its Real, believe it or nont. the bridge has the normal stud instead of the epiphone stud. but i wouldnt buy it anyway, it might be a well made fake, or he could have replaced the bridge hardware. id rather have a traditional than custom anyway, but thats my opinion

On Dec-09-10 at 10:57:55 PST, seller added the following information:

Just to clearify things, this item will be shipping from an offshore warehouse.

that should pretty much tell you right there... [thumbdn]

Item location: fitchburg, MA, United States, and 11.33 ups ground shipping?

Here is the message I got back from the Guy:

I was reassured by the warehouse that I'M buying it from that it was real.

- thescarecrow66

Here was my response:

They didn't happen to tell you that in chinese did they? This Guitar MSRP's at $6,351.00 and Doesn't retail under $4,000.00 new. The pictures are not of the actual guitar which you should state and the pictures you are showing are watermarked with DHgate.com (which they usually rip from somewhere else) and they are one of the biggest chinese rip-off scam sites on the net. So believe what you want and let me know if you're ever in the market for a rolex or perhaps the golden gate bridge.

His response:

Well thank you for your offers on the rolex and the golden gate bridge, but i'm not really looking for any of that right now. Id also like to point out that ive removed all DHgate.com listings because to be honest I didn't know. So thanks to you and another buyer i know better then to do buisness with DHgate. Again thank you for your contribution to helping me see the light. msp_thumbup.gif

Archived