Gibson Brands Forums

Dream Rig

djroge1

Yes I currently have a Ceriatone. It was one of their kits.

I'm working on a scratch build of a Dumble style amp. I've actually spent way too long on this build.

Very cool!

I like the Ceriatone HRM but their Marshall clones look great too!

If I were to buy one I would buy the finished amp because my soldering skills aren't good enough to do anything past simple guitar electronics!

Well, I'm pretty happy with my guitars. but we are dreaming, so I'd like a Signature Nighthawk and a Signature Eric Clapton Strat (that's right, I want a signature signature model [flapper] ). That would go through this pedal chain

Carl Martin Match Box

Ibanez ts808hw

Crybaby 535Q

MXR Carbon Copy Delay

MXR M117R Flanger

MXR M134 Stereo Chorus

Then out to Two Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier or Two Engnater Tourmaster combos.

Egnater MOD50 with BMAN, T/D, VX, SL2, SL2X modules

Hands down the best amp I've played. Just hard to justify the cost when you're a hobbyist.

If you haven't played one, you really should sometime. Some argue that they are just clones of the greats from Fender, Marshall, Vox, Mesa, etc. which is true but I think Bruce's implementations are better and who wouldn't want Fender cleans and Marshall roar . . . in the same amp at the same time?

A couple of Egnater Tourmaster Cabs, though I would prefer G12H/G12M speaker set in each. Elite 80s are fine but I just like the G12H/G12M combo paired together.

Short of that, though the Rebel 30 is all I really need now, I'd take the Renegade in a heartbeat.

Need just a few pedals, pocket change for this discussion

On the guitar front, I've already got more guitars than I have talent but while we're dreaming:

Gibson CS336/356 - ES339/359 would do but I do like the hardwood versions better

Gibson ES335 Antique Natural - just would like to have one

Gibson 55/56 P90 LP or 55 Custom with P90/Alnico

Gibson Traditional LP

Carvin SH550

Carvin CT624

Fender Tri-pup Custom TeleClone <- Get my freakin' project guitar done!!!!!

Fender Am Deluxe Tele - Just need a standard Tele

Fender Hot Rod '57 Strat - my ole Strat is fine but I played one of these a while back and loved it

Still want a Rickenbacker 360

Need a little better acoustic:

Gibson Hummingbird Pro or

Taylor 414CE or

Martin OMCE

So, about $25,000 worth . . . [wink][drool]

My dream rig?

I don't and will never play live, but to annoy my neighbors I would want...

Marshall Dual Super Lead

running into

Mesa 4x12 Cab

Marshall Dual Super Combo Amp

Ibanez Jay Yuenger Iceman

Gibson Les Paul Custom - Ferrari Red

Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus Tabacco Burst

really though, 59 Bassman, original mint.

no re-issue crap, the real deal.

modded with Chicago Jensen ceramic lead guitar(small button) speakers, and Ruby High Gain tubes........

add a computer that can handle my r-studio program (my 'puter is 9 yrs old and has alzheimers) and i'm there.

Very cool!

I like the Ceriatone HRM but their Marshall clones look great too!

If I were to buy one I would buy the finished amp because my soldering skills aren't good enough to do anything past simple guitar electronics!

Nik @Ceriatone does really good work and the prices are great too. It's the shipping that kills!

I would NOT recommend a Dumble or Train Wreck clone as a first amp build, but there are a lot of other great amps that can be bought as a kit that are not too hard to build.

In fact, for Ceriatone they populate the boards for you so all you have to do is hook the boards up to the various pots, jacks etc. Then connect the transformers and choke (if it has one). If you can solder pups then you can solder an amp ~ especially if you can solder mini-toggles or a push/pull pot.

If I could I would get 2 more rigs just like the one I use. I wouldn't have to worry abot anything and I could just have 1 for gigs, 1 for the studio/work/class/rehearsal and 1 for home use. [thumbup]

As it is, it's really difficult to do, I could buy 3 of the same amp, pedalboard and everything else, but I sincerelyl doubt the guitar can be replicated, and it's something I've shared with the guy who built it, he agrees, it's unlikely he'll produce one just like her again in his lifetime. [cursing]

If money weren't an issue, I'd give them all to the first person who'd be able to tell me excactly what gear I would need to get the guitar tone in my head!

After that, I wouldn't have any money but I sure as hell would be one happy sumbiatch.

hmmmm ive been thinking about this for the past day or so....

My initial reaction would be just a '59 LP Sunburst to a Monster SP1000 cable straight into a Trainwreck amp, a la Glen Kuykendall.... this video makes me drool every time i listen to it [drool]

but actually thinking about it, this would be my "dream" rig:

-'59 Les Paul Sunburst

-'56 LP Custom "Black Beauty" with bigsby, P90 bridge pu, and alnico 5 neck pu

-LP Std. Faded with LCPG (Peter Green/Gary Moore) mod done by Larra Corsa

-LP Std. in Latte Cream finish with a subtle flame (not too much though)

-An original Moderne

-'67 SG Std. with Maestro "lyre" tailpiece and full pickguard /w/ 2 humbuckers

-'76 Explorer

-A mid-60's cherry es-335 with block inlays and bigsby

-'62 Tele Custom in Surf Green (like Californiaman's)

-'52 Hot Rod tele (with mini HB in neck)

-Dave Murray sig. Strat

-Vintage Strat (either 50's or 60's - i wouldn't be too picky about year or color)

-Gretsch White Falcon

-A bunch of custom-made Carvin double-cut models in different colors [wink]

Then I'd have a Monkey Dream iLam pedalboard (the one he starts talking about @ 1:55 in

on that pedal board would be:

-Line 6 Relay G50 Wireless unit

-PolyTune tuner

-Either a Dunlop Buddy Guy wah or Jerry Cantrell wah (depending on my mood that day)

-My Lovepedal Eternity Burst OD

-MXR Custom Shop Variphase (it's a phaser in a wah case so you control the phasing speed /w/ your foot)

-Red Witch Empress Chorus

-Empress Superdelay (Vintage Modified version)

The board would end in a Line 6 Relay G90 Wireless unit going to a rack, which would have the G90 receiver, an original 1963 Fender Spring Reverb unit (this would actually be on top of the rack, not in it), a BBE Sonic Maximizer, and a ISP Decimator Noise reduction. This would go out to a stereo amp setup consisting of:

Side A: A late 80's/early 90's Trainwreck Liverpool going into a 60's Marshall 1960TV 4x12 Cab with vintage Celestion speakers (for dirty tones)

Side B: A Red Iron Amps Bronx going into a 2x12 open back cab (for clean tones)

Both amps would be mic'd with AKG C414 condenser mics, set up to mic the 2 amps in stereo

as for acoustic guitars, I love my Ibanez EW series but in addition I'd also love to have a vintage Gibson hummingbird, one of the Doves in Flight custom shop acoustics, a vintage sunburst or Brad Paisley sig. J-45, a vintage Martin dreadnought, and a few different Taylor's including one of the koa models, a 900 series in sunburst, and an 800 series natural finish [biggrin]

in addition, id also love to have a vintage Gibson mandolin (f-style), Recording King banjo, and a custom-made Kamaka soprano ukulele with flame koa, abalone binding and rosette, and custom abalone "Hawaii-inspired" inlays...

and that's about it i think....

all this is making me seriously wish i had that type of money.... god, i dont even want to think about how expensive this rig would be lol.... but hey, the point of this thread is to dream, right? [biggrin]

Just got thinking about a piece I saw back around '74 that would be neat to have along with the Deluxe Reverb I swapped around that time.

Maestro brand - dunno if it's what ended up in Gibson hands - had a hatbox-size Leslie rig.

That'd be neat to have for piano bar type stuff...

<grin>

m

Archived