Gibson Brands Forums

The "Get Angry" Thread

Shnate McDuanus

In my opinion, nothing can compare to the pure awesomeness that is Disturbed. And nothing you guys can say will change my mind. IMO, they aren't even metal, they're a genre in themselves with no equal. You guys listen to what you want to listen to and I'll listen to what I want to listen to. From the mouth of David Draiman, lead singer for Disturbed:

"This is the only genre in existence, on the face of this planet, that frees your soul and makes you more than you ever thought you could be!"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Live and learn.

The anger comes and goes as does the depression and sometimes hope.

I'm feeling less and less of the latter.

I found that I had greater passages of time between episodes of anger.

My Dad was right, and I'll tell the same thing;

Years from now, some odd thing will come to mind and you'll get almost as pissed as you do now.

But you'll feel it coming on, cope with it, and it will pass.

The healing is happening when you realize that your days get consumed with "stuff" and you don't dwell so much.

To this day, I still get worked up on the odd occasion but it's not something I talk about openly.

I can usually work through it while I focus on something else.

Nobody else knows, 'cept maybe Mrs. Neo.

Other than that, I'm pretty much a colossal pr!ck naturally - and consistent about it. [thumbup]

FrankFrazetta-Dark-Kingdom-1976.jpg

smiley-violent080.gif

AVOID ANGER...................... OR, smiley-violent012.gif

.........................................................................................YOU MIGHT HURT YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!! OR OTHERS.......................

Even LaVeyan Satanism gets frequently mischaracterized and misinterpreted, mostly by those who interpret it as being related to theistic principles of Satan, as opposed to the strictly symbolic and metaphorical principle which LaVey favored and intended. It's an atheistic religion and a philosophical stance, and not at all a theistic religion based around the worship of the Judeo-Christian "Satan" as many ill-informed people tend to believe. Yeah, the Satanists were eccentric, and a lot of what they follow was arguably intended in part to shock and confound the uninformed masses, but at the same time they present an interesting, valid and unconventional doctrine which, in ways, seems more and more relevant in a contemporary societal context. What gets me is that they are still, forty-four years after the Church of Satan's foundation, considered a threat by the general public who can't take some time to do a little reading and realize that the LaVeyan Satanists are pretty much completely harmless--and as I'm sure you know, The Satanic Bible has some very interesting material in it.

LaVey was putting people on.

Dude that sux but ask about anyone who has made it through it things turn out as they should. I put up with 10 years of half crazy drunken cheating wife but now have a girlfiend of 5 years, doesn't drink, we have never even argued and she likes to buy me guitars and musical stuff!!!! Hope you have the same luck.

By the way if you are miserable, and depressed it is because you don't feel like you have control. As soon as you gain control of your situation, emotions, life you will start to feel better. Just a tip from your Uncle Andy. Control of your life is the key!

Good Luck!

There is hope! Yeah 11 years of a relatively cool girl but we grew apart. Yeah, we went thru some BS here and there but if we divorce, we're not gonna make it a battle since we're not out to hurt each other. She did buy me the James Hetfield Truckster for my bday/father's day this year. She has made me nuts the last 2 yrs [confused][crying][cursing][unsure][cursing][crying][crying]

There is hope! Yeah 11 years of a relatively cool girl but we grew apart. Yeah, we went thru some BS here and there but if we divorce, we're not gonna make it a battle since we're not out to hurt each other. She did buy me the James Hetfield Truckster for my bday/father's day this year. She has made me nuts the last 2 yrs [confused][crying][cursing][unsure][cursing][crying][crying]

Hmmm, Let me guess??? This is starting to happen right around when she turns 30??? Sounds like it isn't something you really want to happen?????Not going to battle so you don't hurt each other but she's ripping your heart out????? msp_crying.gif

Hmmm, Let me guess??? This is starting to happen right around when she turns 30??? Sounds like it isn't something you really want to happen?????Not going to battle so you don't hurt each other but she's ripping your heart out????? msp_crying.gif

Hmmm...close...27/28....we just turned 29 in April. It wouldn't be as bad except we have 2 kids together. We gave em a heads up back in May. They are used to us being separate. Things happened we couldn't separate at the time but I'll be moving out and buying a house of my own pretty soon.

Hmmm...close...27/28....we just turned 29 in April. It wouldn't be as bad except we have 2 kids together. We gave em a heads up back in May. They are used to us being separate. Things happened we couldn't separate at the time but I'll be moving out and buying a house of my own pretty soon.

My heart goes out to you man. Seriously! Hang in there and I wasn't kidding about feeling like you have no control making you crazy. I really thought I was going to lose my mind. I guarantee ( if she isn't doing it already ) that every time she starts to feel you actually slip away she will do whatever it takes to try to reel you back in. Makes ya feel like a YoYo!

My heart goes out to you man. Seriously! Hang in there and I wasn't kidding about feeling like you have no control making you crazy. I really thought I was going to lose my mind. I guarantee ( if she isn't doing it already ) that every time she starts to feel you actually slip away she will do whatever it takes to try to reel you back in. Makes ya feel like a YoYo!

It goes both ways. SHe has her upps and downs as well. Sucks for us both.

Archived