Gibson Brands Forums

The "Get Angry" Thread

Shnate McDuanus

If a dung beetle spends nine hours rolling his prized ball up a hill, looses his footing, and his ball rolls all the way back down the hill, does he get angry, or think, " Jeeez, same 'ol sh*t." ???????????

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a dung beetle spends nine hours rolling his prized ball up a hill, looses his footing, and his ball rolls all the way back down the hill, does he get angry, or think, " Jeeez, same 'ol sh*t." ???????????

Even your avatar is laughing at that one. Albeit, in a sinister fashion.

Jocularity, Jocularity...as father Mulcahey on M.A.S.H. was want to say.

Good one Damian.

Dave

I'm fnckin pissed aboot my separation and inevitable divorce that I'm sure will follow [cursing]

Dude that sux but ask about anyone who has made it through it things turn out as they should. I put up with 10 years of half crazy drunken cheating wife but now have a girlfiend of 5 years, doesn't drink, we have never even argued and she likes to buy me guitars and musical stuff!!!! Hope you have the same luck.

By the way if you are miserable, and depressed it is because you don't feel like you have control. As soon as you gain control of your situation, emotions, life you will start to feel better. Just a tip from your Uncle Andy. Control of your life is the key!

Good Luck!

Dude that sux but ask about anyone who has made it through it things turn out as they should. I put up with 10 years of half crazy drunken cheating wife but now have a girlfiend of 5 years, doesn't drink, we have never even argued and she likes to buy me guitars and musical stuff!!!! Hope you have the same luck.

By the way if you are miserable, and depressed it is because you don't feel like you have control. As soon as you gain control of your situation, emotions, life you will start to feel better. Just a tip from your Uncle Andy. Control of your life is the key!

Good Luck!

Effin' brilliant man.

I'M READING WHAT I WANT TO READ

YOU READ WHAT YOU'RE EXPECTED TO

I'M THINKING WHAT I WANT TO THINK

AS YOUR MIND DENIES THE TRUTH

Dude, Exhorder rules. [thumbup]

Yeah, the opening line is one of my fav Crowley quotes.

Love The Book of Law. [thumbup]

Great band!

Effin' brilliant man.

Thanks ChanMan It only took me about 2 years of feeling like I was totally losing my mind before I finally figured that one out. Woke up one morning, decided I was done, grabbed the reigns and didn't look back! cool.gif

Aleister Crowley's definitely an interesting character. I'm continuously amazed by the great diversity of ways in which Thelema is interpreted.

It's definitely not some crackpot new-age religion in the way something like Scientology could be seen as--there's a wealth of legitimate philosophical merit present in Crowley's works, which probably accounts in part for what made him so influential. It's always interesting to see how far-reaching Crowley's influence has been.

But yeah, Exhorder is real metal for sure. Disturbed just can't compare.

Aleister Crowley's definitely an interesting character. I'm continuously amazed by the great diversity of ways in which Thelema is interpreted.

It's definitely not some crackpot new-age religion in the way something like Scientology could be seen as--there's a wealth of legitimate philosophical merit present in Crowley's works, which probably accounts in part for what made him so influential. It's always interesting to see how far-reaching Crowley's influence has been.

But yeah, Exhorder is real metal for sure. Disturbed just can't compare.

To many people confuse him for what he really was, everyone think he was a just a other one of those satanist dudes like Anton Lavey. Its sad how thats always going to be stuck with his character, even though was a little bit a nut.

To many people confuse him for what he really was, everyone think he was a just a other one of those satanist dudes like Anton Lavey. Its sad how thats always going to be stuck with his character, even though was a little bit a nut.

Even LaVeyan Satanism gets frequently mischaracterized and misinterpreted, mostly by those who interpret it as being related to theistic principles of Satan, as opposed to the strictly symbolic and metaphorical principle which LaVey favored and intended. It's an atheistic religion and a philosophical stance, and not at all a theistic religion based around the worship of the Judeo-Christian "Satan" as many ill-informed people tend to believe. Yeah, the Satanists were eccentric, and a lot of what they follow was arguably intended in part to shock and confound the uninformed masses, but at the same time they present an interesting, valid and unconventional doctrine which, in ways, seems more and more relevant in a contemporary societal context. What gets me is that they are still, forty-four years after the Church of Satan's foundation, considered a threat by the general public who can't take some time to do a little reading and realize that the LaVeyan Satanists are pretty much completely harmless--and as I'm sure you know, The Satanic Bible has some very interesting material in it.

Its really all about accepting that you sin and accepting your self for who you really are. Or so around that concept.

No goat killing and no gathering 6 virgins for the horny lord. [lol]

Theres alot of Satan's to, if you get deep into it, it can be become really confusing.

One thing i never understood was The Left hand path

Its really all about accepting that you sin and accepting your self for who you really are. Or so around that concept.

No goat killing and no gathering 6 virgins for the horny lord. [lol]

Sums it up perfectly, bro. It's about self-acceptance and individualism, and rational behavior as opposed to behavior as guided by dogmatic virtues.

Theres alot of Satan's to, if you get deep into it, it can be become really confusing.

One thing i never understood was The Left hand path

The manifestation of Satan as multiple figures is all tied into the notion that the term Satan is used symbolically as a reference to the inherent nature of man (which, according to the Satanists, is base, carnal and self-reliant) and really makes more sense once you completely sever any associations to the Judeo-Christian Satan.

As far as the notion of The Left Hand Path is concerned, it's as an antithesis to the so-called Right Hand Path, the moral stance taken by, for instance, the Dharmic religions and the Neopagan religions, whereas the Left Hand Path relates more to Satanism and New Age doctrines. Basically the Right-Handists are moral absolutists (they adhere strictly to religious dogma) and the Left-Handists are moral relativists (they hold no adherence to dogma, instead practicing a form of personal moral anarchism.) I hope I cleared it up for you, but frankly the more you get into occultism from a purely scholarly standpoint, the more confusing it gets. I mean, I've been reading up on this stuff as a casual observer for years, and I still have misconceptions about certain things.

DISCLAIMER: I am not one of those spooky, spooky Satanists, and I do not adhere to or hold faith in any occult religious system. I will never ritualistically sacrifice a virgin or do nasty things to your family pets.

EDIT: dem00n, since I'm mildly concerned about lockdown, now...I just wanted to say that I'm really pleased by the contributions you've made to this thread. I don't think many people are willing or able to have such a mature and serious conversation on such a controversial subject. [thumbup]

It amazes me how you know so much, i always wanted to learn about Occults since they always seemed interesting to write about and think about, musical wise as well.

Thanks for the info, ill be sure to catch up on my reading about this.

I've read a bit on the subject as well and true " Satanist" seems to come down to pretty much "Do as they Will (you're your own master and lord) as long as your Will does not prevent others from doing theirs"

10,000 foot view.

Archived