Gibson Brands Forums

Your Hometown

Artie Owl

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Learned as a child that the Windy City (Chicago) actually has a lower average windspeed than Dodge City Kansas.

I call B.S. They obviously didn't factor in the hot air coming out of the mayor's pie hole.

That's what I love the most about the UK, it's so rich in history.

I'm from Detroit and some guy by the name of Henry Ford made it popular for some time.

I am not bullshi**g you (it will sound as if I am but I am not LMAO); but in this tiny suburb of south east London (Bromley and Bexley), there is loads of music and arts history. The guy who is now professor of guitar at the RCM London, lived half a mile from my parents (I used to walk there once a week for my guitar and piano lesson), Kate Bush and Mick Jagger were born three miles from where we live now and John Paul Jones was actually born here. H.G Wells and Charles Darwin grew up in Bromley too!

I just googled and something I didn't know; I just googled 'Bromley famous people' and Aleister Crowley was born in Bromley too! LMAO - there is 'something' in the water - i just don't know what!

Matt

YOU'RE sorry? You're from Detroit pal! lol!

Hey! All of my roots are Detroit. My grandfather (mom's side) drove a Vernor's delivery truck before WWII and my father was born and raised in Detroit proper (first generation American).

Hey! All of my roots are Detroit. My grandfather (mom's side) drove a Vernor's delivery truck before WWII and my father was born and raised in Detroit proper (first generation American).

Ahh i'm just teasing my buddy Bill...i love my US brothers...even the ones in Detroit!

Back in the 60's the High School in Sackville was called "Lower Sackville District Highschool" or "LSD High". I can't make this sh*t up.

Also, their motto used to be "To not try is to fail" then the hippies came in and changed it to "To try is to succeed". Admirable, but not entirely true, not all the time.

I am not bullshi**g you (it will sound as if I am but i am not LMAO); but in this tiny suburb of south east London (Bromley and Bexley), there is loads of music and arts connections. The guy who is now professor of guitar at the RCM London, lived half a mile from my parents (I used to walk there once a week for my guitar and piano lesson), Kate Bush and Mick Jagger were born three miles from where we live now and John Paul Jones was actually born here. H.G Wells and Charles Darwin grew up in Bromley too!

I just googled and something I didn't know; I just googled bromley famous people and Aleister Crowley was born in Bromley too! LMAO - there is 'something' in the water - i just don't know what!

Matt

I know you're not BSing me, I used to fly into RAF Mildenhall and I'm little bit familiar with the area. During my spare time I would rent a car and drive around the area like Kent and down to Dover, I would move the family there if I could. I love it over there. [thumbup]

I know you're not BSing me, I used to fly into RAF Mildenhall and I'm little bit familiar with the area. During my spare time I would rent a car and drive around the area like Kent and down to Dover, I would move the family there if I could. I love it over there. [thumbup]

LOL, well it does sound dubious, I am glad you like Kent! I wrote to Milod recently saying if he dusted the old passport off maybe he could enjoy two weeks of beer, pizza and jamming, maybe you could come and join in the fun too!!!

Matt

Ferndale Michigan.

LOL. Nice try, Big Bill! I moved here when I was 20. [biggrin] I spent a huge amount of time in HP and Ferndale while growing up though. My Grandparents lived in Ferndale and we were always down here...every other month, it seems like.

Name it, brother. A fellow Michigan native wants to know.

The town is called Mecosta. Known for, well, nothing that I know of. Its halfway between Big Rapids (FSU) and Mt. Pleasant (CMU). You know you're there when you smell the pig manure.

Born in Long Island City (NYC) and raised in Woodside section of Queens in NYC.

Sad distinction, according to stats, of the Catholic War Veterans org,

"more servicemen from the Woodside zip code died in the Vietnam War

than from any other zip code in the United States".

LOL, well it does sound dubious, I am glad you like Kent! I wrote to Milod recently saying if he dusted the old passport off maybe he could enjoy two weeks of beer, pizza and jamming, maybe you could come and join in the fun too!!!

Matt

I would be there in a heart beat if I could. I remembering stopping in a little town of Deal, to see the castle. I think that's part of Kent.

The town is called Mecosta. Known for, well, nothing that I know of. Its halfway between Big Rapids (FSU) and Mt. Pleasant (CMU). You know you're there when you smell the pig manure.

word. Went to Grand Valley State so I am very familiar with Ferris State.

word. Went to Grand Valley State so I am very familiar with Ferris State.

My dad still lives up that way, in a town next to Mecosta, called Rodney. Its pretty depressing going up there and seeing all of the changes as well as things that havent changed...like houses that were in desperate need of painting that STILL havent been painted twenty years later. Or houses that were pretty nice when I was a kid, that are now just falling apart. Depressing.

I am not bullshi**g you (it will sound as if I am but I am not LMAO); but in this tiny suburb of south east London (Bromley and Bexley), there is loads of music and arts history. The guy who is now professor of guitar at the RCM London, lived half a mile from my parents (I used to walk there once a week for my guitar and piano lesson), Kate Bush and Mick Jagger were born three miles from where we live now and John Paul Jones was actually born here. H.G Wells and Charles Darwin grew up in Bromley too!

I just googled and something I didn't know; I just googled 'Bromley famous people' and Aleister Crowley was born in Bromley too! LMAO - there is 'something' in the water - i just don't know what!

Matt

Am I right or am I right?...

George Martin, David Bowie and Peter Frampton went to high school in Bromley

V

:-({|=

Am I right or am I right?...

George Martin, David Bowie and Peter Frampton went to high school in Bromley

V

:-({|=

how come my googling didn't find that!!

Actually Peter Frampton rings a bell but George Martin, I'll be dammed (you will if you get lucky - Doc Holliday in Tombstone)

edit - here it is. George went to Ravensbourne school!

http://en.wikipedia....School_(Bromley)

Archived