Gibson Brands Forums

No Longer Sitting at the end of my driveway waiting on FedEx!

Andy R

So far I have taken off 2 days from work to be home to sign for this delivery. First time was in vane as the shipper only sent notification but didn't let the FedEx Guy pick up the package because they were out of packing materials so Their fault and mine for not looking at the tracking info well enough. So I get a hold of the shipper and it Finally leaves on Wednesday with a delivery date of Friday the 17th. Cool.... Loook at the tracking info and it says on track and out for delivery... Very Cool. Take the rest of the day off.... No fedEx yet....Cool.... Leave Big Note outside to make sure they knock on the right door.... Sit back enjoying the forums while I wait..... 3 hours later I get an e-mail message Delivery Attempted rescheduled due to weather issues! What! It is about as good as you can get in Indiana in December. Not a snow flake on the roads! Status changed to deliver Today..... Same weather!!!!! I have a long driveway that goes back into the woods where I live gravel with maybe 2 inches of snow. Plenty of tire tracks and Turn around. So I am now sitting at the end of said drive with mifi and laptop as I watch every car truck and Van drive by waiting on my Gibby!

If I get another delivery attempted message I'm going to be going "Postal" on FedEx!!! So post some messages and remember there is a Gibby Guy at the end of his driveway ready to race after speeding FedEx Van to get his Gibby...

Dedication or just Crazy?... Maybe a little both!!!! msp_blink.gifmsp_w00t.gif

So far I have taken off 2 days from work to be home to sign for this delivery. First time was in vane as the shipper only sent notification but didn't let the FedEx Guy pick up the package because they were out of packing materials so Their fault and mine for not looking at the tracking info well enough. So I get a hold of the shipper and it Finally leaves on Wednesday with a delivery date of Friday the 17th. Cool.... Loook at the tracking info and it says on track and out for delivery... Very Cool. Take the rest of the day off.... No fedEx yet....Cool.... Leave Big Note outside to make sure they knock on the right door.... Sit back enjoying the forums while I wait..... 3 hours later I get an e-mail message Delivery Attempted rescheduled due to weather issues! What! It is about as good as you can get in Indiana in December. Not a snow flake on the roads! Status changed to deliver Today..... Same weather!!!!! I have a long driveway that goes back into the woods where I live gravel with maybe 2 inches of snow. Plenty of tire tracks and Turn around. So I am now sitting at the end of said drive with mifi and laptop as I watch every car truck and Van drive by waiting on my Gibby!

If I get another delivery attempted message I'm going to be going "Postal" on FedEx!!! So post some messages and remember there is a Gibby Guy at the end of his driveway ready to race after speeding FedEx Van to get his Gibby...

Dedication or just Crazy?... Maybe a little both!!!! msp_blink.gifmsp_w00t.gif

You sound like myself....I wont let the Fedex guys carry it up to my house....I've seen em roll the packages and throw em up my driveway....Ill sit on my porch and wait for the truck and then get my stuff...I'd be quite anxious too if I were you..Good Luck!

I hope they do but my experience is they will not drop off Saturday unless extra was paid.

Good Luck

Fed Ex Home Delivery will. Which is how it was shipped. I got my last couple guitars a few weeks ago on Saturday. Home delivery doesn't run on Monday..... I even saw a home delivery Fedex van fly by doing about 65 mph when I was starting my truck. Probably had my guitar on it and that was "their attempt" angry.gif I think Fed Ex Express doesn't deliver on Saturday unless you pay extra. Doesn't make much sense to me either. Girlfriend does all the shipping arrangements where she works and knows all the ins and outs.

you know hes just sitting around the corner messing with ya.

Yeah the rat bastard! Probably has a small amp in his van and is molesting my Gibby before he gives it up!!!! SOB's msp_cursing.gif

They drop off my dog food also, and they are just as lazy in Mississippi. I purchase my dog food at Amazon some times since Science diet is usually on sale and with the shipping its cheaper than what I can do locally. For the most part I am home all the time especially when I know something is coming. I watch that Fedex web site like a hawk and they did exactly that to me also. The status went from out for delivery to attempt made will try again status. I called FedEx and asked what was up; they tried to say they knocked on my door and I was like well don't know what door you tried but it was not mine. I finally pissed off enough people they turned Mr Home delivery around and sent him back to me.

I watch it like a hawk too! Had that happen too! That's why I posted the note yesterday. No way they can say that today as They will have to push my truck down the driveway to get to the door!msp_biggrin.gif I did get one nice delivery, girlfriend brought me McDonalds for lunch. She is the Best!!!!

have you not got DHL over there?, i recently sold 4 of my guitars and used DHL each time...they collected from me on time and delivered to the buyer on time with no problems at all.

seems that a lot of people on here moan about fedex so i just wondered why you still continue to use them? :-k

have you not got DHL over there?, i recently sold 4 of my guitars and used DHL each time...they collected from me on time and delivered to the buyer on time with no problems at all.

seems that a lot of people on here moan about fedex so i just wondered why you still continue to use them? :-k

In this case no choice it was the only way the seller would ship...

When I bought my R8 I ended up getting it on a Monday after a long Holiday weekend but it was a mix of me finally pulling the trigger and the guitar sitting in a warehouse in Nashville all weekend.

It was really weird to know that my new guitar was in town and I could not get it and play it.

Our first Alienware PC sat on the floor in the UPS warehouse in Nashville for 3 days because it was scheduled to be delivered in "7 to 10 days" and they didn;t HAVE to deliver it until Thursday that week.

I think they made deliveries on 2 of the 3 days....

:rolleyes:

Well the status is still "On FedEx Vehicle out for delivery" But it isn't looking good and man I gotta pee!!!!! I know just as soon as I can't see the road the bastard will come flying by!!!!! About to give up the ghost here!!! msp_cursing.gif No new Gibby for me msp_crying.gifmsp_crying.gifmsp_crying.gif

Got a cup? Pee in the cup and chuck it out the window. Dedication, man, dedication!

It's getting to that point. Just saw a Fedex van about 3 houses down. Got all excited then he pulled out and went the opposite way! msp_crying.gif

Well the status is still "On FedEx Vehicle out for delivery" But it isn't looking good and man I gotta pee!!!!! I know just as soon as I can't see the road the bastard will come flying by!!!!! About to give up the ghost here!!! msp_cursing.gif No new Gibby for me msp_crying.gifmsp_crying.gifmsp_crying.gif

Hang in there man. I've had the Fed Ex guy show up at 7 pm.

"tis teh season and all that :)

Gonna try to make it to 5:00pm My concern is that they will slow down, look at my driveway and think they will get stuck. Looks worst than it is. Battery is about dead on my laptop so entertainment is going to be nil... Just sitting out here in case they say they made an attempt to deliver and I can say they didn't. Thinking about it that won't do much since they won't care and still won't have the Gibby. Gonna have them hold the damn thing at the fedex facility and try to get it Monday or Tuesday if they fail to deliver today. Oh well. Thanks for the encouragement and entertainment. msp_thumbup.gif

Regards,

Andy

Archived