Gibson Brands Forums

Cool stuff to stream off netflix

Andy R

Hmm tried this and it didn't seem to post so if it is doubled sorry!

I thought we could have a post about cool or interesting things to watch on Netflix

Here are a few:

* Crazy: The Hank Garland Story

* Rolling Stones: In Exile

* Eric Carr: Tale of the fox

*Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon

They don't need to be music related

I spent the week ordering all the guitar how to DVD from Netflix they have a bunch including Warren Haynes electric and his second video on acoustic slide both a good watch also just got the DVD for Guitar Method: In the Style of Lynyrd Sknyrd. All together I think they had 20+ guitar DVD's. And when your tired of learning new licks you can watch a shoot em up senseless move like the Boondock Saints.

I spent the week ordering all the guitar how to DVD from Netflix they have a bunch including Warren Haynes electric and his second video on acoustic slide both a good watch also just got the DVD for Guitar Method: In the Style of Lynyrd Sknyrd. All together I think they had 20+ guitar DVD's. And when your tired of learning new licks you can watch a shoot em up senseless move like the Boondock Saints.

Yeah I actually have one of the slide dvd's now. They do have a lot of good guitar instructional stuff on dvd but nothing to stream. I love the Boondock Saints! Just watched a very good Fictional documentary called "Street Thief" based on a fictional character named Kaspar Carr that was pretty good. msp_thumbup.gif

I recently streamed a documentary about Harry Nilsson. talk about life in the fast lane...

It's called "Who Is Harry Nilsson (And Why Is Everybody Talkin' About Him?)"

-Don

Iwas thinking about checking that out. So it's pretty good? Guess I will see. Thanks.

I just watched a documentary last night called Global Metal....

It was awesome. Sam Dunn, the same guy who did "Metal: A Headbangers Journey" made this one and its about the globalization of metal. He visits places like Japan, China, Indonesia, Brazil and India in search of their versions of metal and how they came to be.

Really interesting stuff and its very oppressed in many nations...check it out if you like metal!

I just watched a documentary last night called Global Metal....

It was awesome. Sam Dunn, the same guy who did "Metal: A Headbangers Journey" made this one and its about the globalization of metal. He visits places like Japan, China, Indonesia, Brazil and India in search of their versions of metal and how they came to be.

Really interesting stuff and its very oppressed in many nations...check it out if you like metal!

Cool I definately will. I saw something similar to this but it was like a metal band in Iraq or somewhere...

Iwas thinking about checking that out. So it's pretty good? Guess I will see. Thanks.

it feels like a low budget documentary with a LOT of really big names in it. but if you know about Nilsson a little, it fills in a lot of blanks. facinating, yet somewhat sad. shows what a life of excess coupled with a little depression can do.

i was amazed to learn that he was terrified to sing live: with a voice like that no less... go figure.

enjoy!

Don

Cool I definately will. I saw something similar to this but it was like a metal band in Iraq or somewhere...

Yeah I watched that one too...i think it was called Heavy Metal in Baghdad or something like that....so interesting to see what metal is like and how its perceived elsewhere in the world...we are so lucky in North America..

wow guys!

first off you can watch ALL 9 seasons of the X Files streaming

you can watch 7 seasons of 24...the 8th you have to get the dvds for

you can watch LOST on netflix

you can watch the first two seasons of Dexter

you can watch more Law and Order than you can shake a stick at

you can watch all 4 seasons of Quantum leap!

you can watch season 1 of Archer!

you can watch the Dresden Files

you can watch the Granada Sherlock Holmes series

you can watch Airwolf

you can watch the A-Team

must i continue?

I started movies by streaming last year and I think it is the coolest thing. Music related shows I've enjoyed over the last months that you may enjoy are:

It Might Get Loud

Gimme Shelter

A documentary about Jimi Hendrix that I loved but got piss poor reviews by what I've seen - don't remember the name.

Exile (looks like you've seen)

One about Lennon, I think it was Imagine.

wow guys!

first off you can watch ALL 9 seasons of the X Files streaming

you can watch 7 seasons of 24...the 8th you have to get the dvds for

you can watch LOST on netflix

you can watch the first two seasons of Dexter

you can watch more Law and Order than you can shake a stick at

you can watch all 4 seasons of Quantum leap!

you can watch season 1 of Archer!

you can watch the Dresden Files

you can watch the Granada Sherlock Holmes series

you can watch Airwolf

you can watch the A-Team

must i continue?

Well all of those are good suggestions but I was kinda thinking about some of the more obscure things that people might run across.

Well all of those are good suggestions but I was kinda thinking about some of the more obscure things that people might run across.

Foreign made films.....ie, the French make awesome films.......

You should also all check out " The Guitar " and " Once " ; Two very well made American films, inspiring and beautiful films.......[thumbup] .....

Foreign made films.....ie, the French make awesome films.......

You should also all check out " The Guitar " and " Once " ; Two very well made American films, inspiring and beautiful films.......[thumbup] .....

Not much on foreign films especially If I have to read them. I will check out the others you suggested though. Thanks! By the way if I understand correctly, you are now living in Germany?

Archived