Gibson Brands Forums

what a night i had

pete c

well since the neck surgery its been uncomfortable to sleep. last night i found a spot that nothing hurt, fell right to sleep.

now the phone rings at 12:30 eyes pop open thinking this cant be good. my wife comes in says you got to get up the police in vt, just called (she was supposed to be 2hrs in the other direction visiting her sister)

your mom(shes 78) was found at this cafe slumped over the wheel and incoherent. she says lost her purse which i found in the trunk of her car. so we head out a good hour drive to get there stop get keys from police go get her car and head for the hospital. we get there shes sleeping, after a while she wakes up and says what are you two doing here? and babbles on for a while about things like she was found in a ditch, her car wont run so she had it trailered to the cafe where she was found. the doc comes in and says shes physically fine and free to go home unless we want to admit her.

we got home around 6am today we live next door to her she starts to follow me home i had to remind her shes home, she forgot she had to go up stairs. then my wife gets home from dropping our youngest kid at the bus stop and tells me her car lost all the brakes when she turned in the driveway pedal goes right to the floor.

sorry guy just had to vent. everyone else went to bed and of course once the sun is up i cant sleep. maybe ill fire up the Xbox and try out c.o.d online. this was the short version of last night. how was everyone else night go?

Yeah... keep the car keys a while.

Sounds like she needs a good checkup.

Whatta night for you. HOpe the neck and your Mom are OK. If your wife can complain about the brakes she's probably ok.

But... My night surely was quiet objectively and in comparison, positively boring.

m

Archived