Gibson Brands Forums

Christmas gifts...

Silenced Fred

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do ours on Christmas Eve as well. Actually I got a Cry Baby Slash wah, MXR Wylde Overdrive, some red cable...guessing to match the wah, a bottle of Burberry cologne and a cool Chicago Bears Rubik's cube...However I didn't get any cool snuggies...which kinda sucks for me.

We do ours on Christmas Eve as well. Actually I got a Cry Baby Slash wah, MXR Wylde Overdrive, some red cable...guessing to match the wah, a bottle of Burberry cologne and a cool Chicago Bears Rubik's cube...However I didn't get any cool snuggies...which kinda sucks for me.

It's pretty cool, but no one will ever know that [wink]

Hello everyone-newbie here

For my Christmas gift I received a 1973 Gibson L-5 CES in mint condition. It belonged to my dear grandfather who passed away in September, just short of his 91st birthday. He was an incredible guitarist, having taught himself how to play when he was quite young. He collected many Gibson guitars over the years, and each of his four grandchildren received one this Christmas Eve. I am so honored to have this amazing gift, but have to admit that I am a little flummoxed over what to do with it. I don't play, and no one in my immediate family plays either. My 14 yo son now is angling to take lessons and learn how to play this guitar (and I admit, I think I want to take lessons as well!) but I don't know that I should let him play something that seems so pristine and only very rarely left the house where my grandfather kept it. (He had one guitar that he used outside the house to play in his band, but his collectibles were kept for playing in the house only.) So, to all you experts out there, is this something we should play and learn on OR do we get a basic guitar and learn on that keeping the L-5 for when we know what we're doing? Also, I think I should add it to my homeowners policy, but have no idea what to insure it for. Thanks for any info or guidance, and a very Merry Christmas to you-mine can't get any better.

No christmas presents. We buy stuff through the year as we need it. Walmart gave my wife off but I still have to go in to watch the yard as the NAVY sleeps. It kinda bothered me at first but doing it now for 26 years, not so much since baby grew up. Now it's just Momma and me. Hope Y'all a Merry Christmas. [thumbup]

I open my junk tomorrow around noon with the rest of the fam....I only know 1 thing i am getting. THE FLYING V!!!!!! Other than that....we shall see but its going to be a kick *** Christmas for Shred!!!!

I do want that V, its sick as hell man.

I think you might like this, I have finally ended my GAS for next guitar, completely decided on what it will be.

The brand name starts with a G... [flapper]

Archived