Gibson Brands Forums

are there any floyd rose lovers here

hotshot9991

ok so I want to get a Floyd rose but of course I want the original Floyd that was made in Germany, Ive got a link posted at the bottom of a Floyd I found on ebay that came off a charvel san dimas strat now it says its an original Floyd rose but is it a orginal Floyd made in Germany by schaller??????? thanks for any help and merry Christmas everybody!!!!!

ok so I want to get a Floyd rose but of course I want the original Floyd that was made in Germany, Ive got a link posted at the bottom of a Floyd I found on ebay that came off a charvel san dimas strat now it says its an original Floyd rose but is it a orginal Floyd made in Germany by schaller??????? thanks for any help and merry Christmas everybody!!!!!

No link that I see. I assume it is probably the Korean made Original Floyd Rose which are pretty good. Maybe not as high quality metal but work as well as a German made floyd and are much better than any of the licensed by floyd rose. Depending on the price it could be worth it as I said I think if it weren't known few if any would really know the difference but if you want a German made then buy one you know is German.

If the Charvel Original Floyd Could be had for under $100.00 I would say it is well worth it if not you will be up around $185.00 for a Schaller Original floyd. Or go for the Titanium floyd (made in the USA) that is about $675.00!!!!msp_scared.gifmsp_scared.gifmsp_scared.gifmsp_scared.gif

Hope this helps.

hey man thanks and sorry heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Floyd-Rose-Locking-TREMOLO-Bridge-Chrome-Charvel-SD-/200557266343?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2eb22505a7

right now its very low 3 days left but soon it will go up to probley about 60 and a up, I might get it but tell me what you think, cya later and merry christmas

and lol I defiantly as hell wouldn't be able to afford the titanium one im looking for a German made the charvel probably isnt German but I will just keep a look out ive got a Christmas present lol a kne guitars evh Frankenstein body in northern ash coming to me on the 29

The Lo Pro Edge and Edge (used in the early Ibanez RG's and S- Series) are some of the smoothest non floyds I've ever seen.

Although it's hard to beat the original FR bridges. I have a budget Floyd in my Charvy 275 and it needs to be thrown

in the garbage. lol

The posts really make a difference on stabilty and tuning. You definitely get what you pay for with floating trems.

Take a look at the Ibanez licensed versions that (IMO) are way better than the Floyds since Ibanez has the ability of taking a idea and running with it and making it a better situation. I have a few guitars that have Iby tremolos and the best by far is the Pro; they use almost the same mounting situation and are more exact specs.

Their part number is 2EL1J21K

2EL1J21K_08_01.jpg

Agreed these were the best Non-Floyd Floyds out there.

Aren't those things a bear to tune in??

Yes but once you get the strings good and stretched and lock it down they stay in tune like nothing else. I had a guitar with a real floyd shipped from Florida to Indiana a few weeks ago and it was still perfectly in tune even though it had been bounced around and endured extreme temperature change. Dead on in tune and dead on intonation. I was pretty amazed.

Yea, but is it really worth the time and effort??I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean it in a general way, as in the effort you put into it vs. how it stays in tune??smiley-char153.gif

I guess it depends on what style of music you play to some degree and It sure is nice never having to tune between songs or sets..... When I was re -stringing them quite a bit I could be up and running about as quick as with any other bridge. I also usually blocked the bridge from floating so you could only dive as well.

Though it's true they are a pain to restring, once you get used to it it's not bad especially with locking tuners on the other end and as mentioned before here and I have mentioned in other threads, my CS6 Carvin has an original FR and I've had that thing on the rack for 2 weeks or better when I am like gone [other wise I don't think I can go 2 days without picking her up] but anyway it's still in tune. My hardtail R9 won't do that and though I've dramatically improved the tuning on my Lifeson even it still has issues. Generally, if I start to have tuning issues on my CS6, it's just due for new strings.

I've used it, the Fender licensed knock off of it, a Wilkinson, and the Maestro on my Lifeson, and the Original FR is hands down the best IMO.

You're listing looks legit, but the pic is kind of small.

I've got an original FR. Works like a dream.

There's always a chorus of whiners complain about stringing and tuning a FR, but don't let them sway you from trying it for yourself. (They'd never be able to handle stringing a Ric 360/12 either).

Make sure the Floyd is properly setup, and maintain the proper setup. If setup properly, it's not that much trouble (yes, changing strings takes a bit more). And when you change strings, play the guitar with the nut unlocked for a while to stretch out the strings, tuning with the tuning keys while doing the stretch playing - reminder: stretch before you lock the nut. This avoids using up your fine tuning on unstretched strings.

Archived