Gibson Brands Forums

Twilight Zone

surfpup

So every year the SyFy (used to be SciFi I guess) channel runs this Twilight Zone marathon.

The funny thing is even though we have every episode on DVD (without commercials obviously)

we sit here and watch the episodes anyway (with commercials).

Regardless, Twilight Zone is one of the greatest TV series ever! Anyone else been watching?

Yeah! I love The Twilight Zone--definitely one of my favorite TV shows.

I watched some of it, but I kept seeing episodes that I've seen so many times before so...

I decided to get in some reading, instead:

bcl_heinlein_time_enough_for_love.jpg

Robert A. Heinlein's Time Enough For Love. It's a brilliant novel which I couldn't recommend more enthusiastically.

I haven't seen that show in a long time. One of my favorite episodes I remember was the one where this poor woman was alone in her house and these little aliens were harrassing her. She fought back and in the end it turned out the "aliens" were us. NASA astronauts!

So every year the SyFy (used to be SciFi I guess) channel runs this Twilight Zone marathon.

The funny thing is even though we have every episode on DVD (without commercials obviously)

we sit here and watch the episodes anyway (with commercials).

Regardless, Twilight Zone is one of the greatest TV series ever! Anyone else been watching?

iv'e never seen the series ever!, although i do recall seeing the film when it came out in the 80's...i remember the "monster" on the wing of the airplane and the giant rabbit [biggrin]

iv'e never seen the series ever!, although i do recall seeing the film when it came out in the 80's...i remember the "monster" on the wing of the airplane and the giant rabbit [biggrin]

Yeah, that was the "Nightmare at 20000 Feet" episode. Great stuff. John Lithgow was good in the movie. It was William Shatner in the original. The better episodes are coming on now. They just ran "To Serve Man" and now they are playing "Time Enough at Last" - two of the best episodes IMO.

Yeah, that was the "Nightmare at 20000 Feet" episode. Great stuff. John Lithgow was good in the movie. It was William Shatner in the original. The better episodes are coming on now. They just ran "To Serve Man" and now they are playing "Time Enough at Last" - two of the best episodes IMO.

HAHA, just caught the Shatner one tonight.

One of my favorites is on right now.... Telly Savales and the talking doll. [thumbup]

I remember one episode where a nice women would invite people from the neighborhood in for a coffee and doughnut... I can't remember why she was doing it but she had this special powder on the doughnuts that made who ever eat them turn into a pig... Was pretty funny....

Do you remember the episode that had Donna Douglas (Ellie May from the Beverley Hillbillies) in it? She was the one in the hospital and the doctors tried to change her appearance. They all thought she was so ugly.

Do you remember the episode that had Donna Douglas (Ellie May from the Beverley Hillbillies) in it? She was the one in the hospital and the doctors tried to change her appearance. They all thought she was so ugly.

Absolutely. One of my favs.

I was 6 years old when T Z aired in 1958. They really were well written also. Back then TV had no respect. It was like a down grade for an act to appear on a TV show. Movies and the stage were still king of entertainment. Shows like Bonanza, I Love Lucy changed that.

Archived