Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Nighthawk Custom

cjlandry

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, I'm going to have to sell of some of my less loved guitars to fund my new Epiphone wish list, 3 models are in my must get section of that list.

1/ Riviera P93

2/ Wilshire 1966

3/ Nighthawk

If they keep this up, Epiphone will be the most prominent brand in my collection, they have to beat, 5 Gibsons, 7 Hembrys and 8 Fenders, I currently have 3 Epis.

$399, according to Epi1, from his post in September:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/55841-more-about-the-epiphone-nighthawk/

I just thought this deserved its own thread, since it was officially announced this morning.

Sounds like that's it. They have it up on the Gibson site now with a "list" price of $665:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Epiphone/Nighthawk-Custom-Reissue.aspx

So when you deduct the traditional 40% off list most retailers charge that's right at $399.00

Sounds like that's it. They have it up on the Gibson site now with a "list" price of $665:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Epiphone/Nighthawk-Custom-Reissue.aspx

So when you deduct the traditional 40% off list most retailers charge that's right at $399.00

I'm a little disappointed in this line, though: "Check out the Nighthawk Custom Reissue now at your authorized Gibson dealer."

I wish I could check one out right now.

Damn, I'm going to have to sell of some of my less loved guitars to fund my new Epiphone wish list, 3 models are in my must get section of that list.

1/ Riviera P93

2/ Wilshire 1966

3/ Nighthawk

If they keep this up, Epiphone will be the most prominent brand in my collection, they have to beat, 5 Gibsons, 7 Hembrys and 8 Fenders, I currently have 3 Epis.

Hembry guitars sure are something..to own seven, sweet......I also 'need' an Epi Nighthawk...My Riviera P-3 just arrived; It is as wonderful as promised; great workmanship, etc...a dream guitar...The M.F. sale on them is through January with the free case, and sale price.....My Wilshire itch has been taken care of as well now.....The nice thing with the Nighthawks is that Epi should be making them for a while, so, you'll be able to get one......

Collecting guitars is a good thing, even for those of us on retirement budgets....

Hembry guitars sure are something..to own seven, sweet....

At the time it was the largest collection of Hembry's in the world, even Scott Hembry (builder) couldn't match it, not sure how it stands up now though.

When I turned 50, just over 2yrs ago, I figured I'd take up guitar, it was something I always wanted to do and despite being constantly broke,I still love it just as much as ever. You have two of the four I'm after, you must also suffer from excellent tastes.

At the time it was the largest collection of Hembry's in the world, even Scott Hembry (builder) couldn't match it, not sure how it stands up now though.

When I turned 50, just over 2yrs ago, I figured I'd take up guitar, it was something I always wanted to do and despite being constantly broke,I still love it just as much as ever. You have two of the four I'm after, you must also suffer from excellent tastes.

Indeed !!! Guitars are wonderful items to collect, cherish, enjoy, and even just look at.................

*sigh* I'm conflicted. I really want one of them there Nighthawks, BUT I've found this limited edition Goldtop BC Rich Mockingbird for the same money and it's neck-thru. I don't know what to do. [bored]

Get both.

I definately wouldn't say no to one of them in black. Very nice.

Hmm, must try and remember that I don't need another guitar and my current ones don't get enough playing as it is.

Still... That is a very nice guitar.

I definately wouldn't say no to one of them in black. Very nice.

Hmm, must try and remember that I don't need another guitar and my current ones don't get enough playing as it is.

Still... That is a very nice guitar.

Well, Wendy, I can't count the number of guitars I have, and some haven't been played in years, yet, I just recieved a brand new Epi, and also just got a 40+ year old Epi.....

The Nighthawk is a must for me, and many other players......I find that a new guitar inspires me to play more, and this in turn inspires me to re-play my other guitars....

I think you'll get one, and will proudly post pics of it for us all !!!!!!! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .........

I've had to take my Wilshire to the guitar doctor because, according to my kids, the amp plug input mysteriously broke off all by itself and no, they didn't touch it...

Anyway, I was in the shop and I saw this beautiful Michael Kelly Patriot on the rack. Instant GAS attack.

I loved its versatility, with the coil tap function on both pups. Played very nice too, very different to my Wilshire. But damnit, now Epiphone goes and brings out this Nighthawk with even more versatility and it sounds great! And now I don't know what to do... Go for the Kelly or wait for the Nighthawk ](*,) .

I think I'm gonna wait, hopefully they'll be in Holland soon.

I was thinking my next guitar would be one of the ibanez artcores ( http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Artcore-AFS75T-Electric-Guitar?sku=519452 ) but i'm now stuck!! I want a guitar with bigsby type trem for surf etc but hell i think it may have to wait.. nighthawk in honey burst... i didnt realise it would kick out such sweet country chickin pickin tones..[thumbup]

I've also missed having an epi, the last one was the del rey and it kills me not having it anymore but the nighthawk... hell that would be a keeper and dare i say it but i actually prefer the specs of the epi one over the gibson.. i like the gibson colours though

Does anybody foresee a problem switching the neck to a P90?

Coil tap switch would become moot, or maybe you could reassign it.

Cool either way, though.

I really didn't need to spend another $400, but I can't pass up a chance for this guitar.

I really didn't need to spend another $400, but I can't pass up a chance for this guitar.

Same here. The Gibson one from a few years ago turned me off, because they didn't use the 25.5 scale...then I think there was another one that had humbuckers. This one has the right combination, like the original.

Same here. The Gibson one from a few years ago turned me off, because they didn't use the 25.5 scale...then I think there was another one that had humbuckers. This one has the right combination, like the original.

I have one other 25.5" guitar with coil taps. I love it. This one will have more switch positions, though. A lot of different tonal possibilities. Wish it had been on the market before my last three purchases.

I envy you guys, being able to own more than one guitar... I know I have to trade in my sweet little Wilshire, it's the only way to keep WAF above freezing point. I might be able to pull off buying an acoustic as a second guitar, but that's probably the limit.

(WAF = Wife Acceptance Factor)

I envy you guys, being able to own more than one guitar... I know I have to trade in my sweet little Wilshire, it's the only way to keep WAF above freezing point. I might be able to pull off buying an acoustic as a second guitar, but that's probably the limit.

(WAF = Wife Acceptance Factor)

I understand. I'm really pushing my luck with this one. She won't be happy to see me get another guitar.

Archived