Gibson Brands Forums

Where are the Brits????

onewilyfool

Please be nice to our British / UK friends ...after losing their empire they end up jumping into bed with G.W Bush... They haven't had a good couple of centuries.... [flapper][rolleyes]

LMAO

I still like to think Britain (not England ;) ) is a world power still, when it comes making great music, awesome beer and an ability to take the piss, while the recipients from certain countries remain oblivious. msp_biggrin.gif

Matt

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ps in case anyone wonders how I am still here this morning (after playing Russian Roulette while listening to Nirvana as a result of frustration from the thread...)

all I can say is in a moment very similar to Lethal Weapon's Martin Riggs, when he considers suicide with a gun in his mouth, I ended up breaking down collapsing to the floor in tears of frustration last night. My neighbour said she could hear me through the tears shouting "why, why, why!!!eusa_pray.gif Why is having a passport like kryptonite to some people...why" (I just don't remember??)

I awoke with the thread still on the screen and a gun next to the computer.

pps

In all seriousness, I have actually just finished a Classical Guitar piece called Portraits of America. It has three movements so far, each one tipping it's hat to a different aspect of the States. So I love you all really...

Matt

"Off with the Wily's head I say"

It is true. The USA is the most populous English speaking nation but if you boy's don't learn to spell soon, you'll regret it when you grow up.

We give you Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan and you keep sending them back! Please confiscate their passports.

Have a nice day old chaps.

I'm from sarf (South) London near where they have the Oxford and Cambridge boat race on the river Thames.

Myself I speak with a slight cockney accent innit (we say "innit" a lot) but there are a few other accents to be heard around here like the royal one where for example 'sprouts' are pronounced as 'sprites'.

Anyway, a happy and musical new year to everyone

Geography Lesson for us Yanks.

Great Britain is an island which includes England, Scotland and Wales.

UK is a political entity encompassing the four countries of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Not sure where the Isle of Man or the Firth of Woman fit in here.

As to the question, "Where are the Brits?" I suspect they are busy preparing for a wedding.

We'll take you back eventually....[tongue]

It is true. The USA is the most populous English speaking nation but if you boy's don't learn to spell soon, you'll regret it when you grow up.

We give you Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan and you keep sending them back! Please confiscate their passports.

Chrisa --- I actually wish you guys would have won the war....we might have avoided a lot of bad American fashion and our schools would still be teaching proper grammar!

Although, I am not sure I wouldn't get tired of all the plain grey colour clothing and posh nights at the theatre

My Boss is a Brit and I have a good friend who is a Liverpudlian so I admit I do love giving them a ration of grief from time to time [thumbup]

Although, I am not sure I wouldn't get tired of all the plain grey colour clothing and posh nights at the theatre

WTF msp_scared.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Please tell me you are joking and don't really think that. It is as true as saying i don't know; that say only twenty percent of Americans own passports or that half of the population think the earth is less than 10000 years old...actually that isn't such a good comparison. I will get back on that one msp_thumbup.gif

Matt

Yes....now that I think of it.....how DO you explain away Simon Cowell?????!!!!!

WTF msp_scared.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Please tell me you are joking and don't really think that.

Matt

LOL...well it is a bit of a stereotype, but actually I was simply trying to come up with a basic sentence that I could use a few words to show that I can spell "Correctly" :rolleyes:

LOL...well it is a bit of a stereotype, but actually I was simply trying to come up with a basic sentence that I could use a few words to show that I can spell "Correctly" :rolleyes:

well congratulations you did msp_biggrin.gif and damn it I am pissed my passport taunts didn't even break a sweat on you!!

Edited comment about Simon Cowell as it was a bit strong

Matt

Geography Lesson for us Yanks.

Great Britain is an island which includes England, Scotland and Wales.

UK is a political entity encompassing the four countries of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Not sure where the Isle of Man or the Firth of Woman fit in here.

As to the question, "Where are the Brits?" I suspect they are busy preparing for a wedding.

Off to the sales to choose a new hat this weekend.

..It is as true as saying i don't know; that say only twenty percent of Americans own passports or that half of the population think the earth is less than 10000 years old...actually that isn't such a good comparison. I will get back on that one msp_thumbup.gif

Matt

Probably true about the passports. I was 50 years old when I got my first. Used it once and it will likely never be stamped again.

I really cannot say how old the earth is. It is, however, amazing to me how some people take the notion that the earth is millions, maybe billions of years old, as FACT. When I learnt it, it was only a 'theory'. So is the idea that the earth is but a scant 10,000 years old. No one really knows but we all have our theories. Since the earth's age is of no great import to me I choose not to agonize over it.

Off to the sales to choose a new hat this weekend.

Hear, hear. It wouldn't do to show up at the royal wedding with an old hat.

Speaking of hats, do all Englishter women wear hats, or just royalty?

Hear, hear. It wouldn't do to show up at the royal wedding with an old hat.

Speaking of hats, do all Englishter women wear hats, or just royalty?

I suspect mine and Mrs AJ's invitation is still buried in the Xmas post backlog.

A new hat is essential for many occasions: Royal weddings, Ladies Day at Royal Ascot, the Royal Box at Wimbledon etc. Personally, I only wear my 25 year old dog walking, wide brimmed Barbour hat - best left at home for Westminster Abbey gigs I think.

My parents and I didn't speak for years because as a rebellious youth, I tarnished the family name and refused to wear a top hat while out with them.

By the way Albert, there is a back log with the post because of the snow and a lot of my neighbours have received their Royal Wedding tickets now, give us a pm if you want.

Matt

You mean you've only been given common-or-garden-party tickets, Matt? They've not invited you to play on the parapet of Buck Pal like Brian May? Shame on them.

My parents and I didn't speak for years because as a rebellious youth, I tarnished the family name and refused to wear a top hat while out with them.

By the way Albert, there is a back log with the post because of the snow and a lot of my neighbours have received their Royal Wedding tickets now, give us a pm if you want.

Matt

You mean you've only been given common-or-garden-party tickets, Matt? They've not invited you to play on the parapet of Buck Pal like Brian May? Shame on them.

I am gutted. Like all the common ticket holders there will be a meet and greet with Prince Charles but nothing more. I have heard rumours you can upgrade the tickets to platinum ones where you get special William and Kate memorabilia msp_biggrin.gif

Matt

A new hat is essential for many occasions: Royal weddings, Ladies Day at Royal Ascot, the Royal Box at Wimbledon etc. Personally, I only wear my 25 year old dog walking, wide brimmed Barbour hat - best left at home for Westminster Abbey gigs I think.

You mean they allow women to wear those huge hats at Wimbeldon? [omg] How is the guy behind them supposed to see the.. wait a minute. :huh: That's tennis... never mind. [wink]

You mean they allow women to wear those huge hats at Wimbeldon? [omg] How is the guy behind them supposed to see the.. wait a minute. :huh: That's tennis... never mind. [wink]

The Royal Protection Branch from the Metropolitan Police probably don't watch the tennis much.

Still no invite. I've got until 31 Jan to take the new hat back to Marks & Spencer for a full refund.

Archived