Gibson Brands Forums

Where are the Brits????

onewilyfool

In a strange way......I actually MISS them......lol,,,Of course, I was always a bad aim.....lol.....Well I'm going to have to think up some king of really good English insult.......that always gets them to come out of the wood work. Here goes....I'd really like to wish you chaps a great new year, and hope to see more of you in the new year!!!! (Now take that!!!)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a strange way......I actually MISS them......lol,,,Of course, I was always a bad aim.....lol.....Well I'm going to have to think up some king of really good English insult....... (Now take that!!!)

LOL well you just insulted Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland by associating them with being English, I'd say that was a great start msp_biggrin.gif

Matt

LOL well you just insulted Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland by associating them with being English, I'd say that was a great start msp_biggrin.gif

Matt

yup you just stole my thunder... I was going to say the same thing. dont you just love some peoples sense of geography and history...lol[tongue]

In a strange way......I actually MISS them......lol,,,Of course, I was always a bad aim.....lol.....Well I'm going to have to think up some king of really good English insult.......that always gets them to come out of the wood work. Here goes....I'd really like to wish you chaps a great new year, and hope to see more of you in the new year!!!! (Now take that!!!)

Watching the Ashes.......My Dear old thing!

Well I`ve been here all along, but thanks anyway Wily, and I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone in the "Colonies" a great new year too!

Steve.

yup you just stole my thunder... I was going to say the same thing. dont you just love some peoples sense of geography and history...lol[tongue]

Yes I am as English as English and find that remark unhelpful ( Lol Toungue also)

Talk about "doing a Lulu"

(sorry about inclusion of that remark but heard it on the Tv last night and thought it might confuse Wily!)

BTBob I didn't know there was a pub in the lounge ! I heard Gavin Hanson is celebrating his return to the Welsh squad?should be worth half of Allbright ( LOL)

Jeez pushed the button twice

Must change my name to bush!

BTBob I didn't know there was a pub in the lounge ! I heard Gavin Hanson is celebrating his return to the Welsh squad?should be worth half of Allbright ( LOL)

Albright!!!!!!! Blimey, that takes me back - nearly as crap as Budweiser ;)

And as for Henson? Please, don't go there. 22 months out of the game and he thinks that it'll ONLY take him 3 club matches to be ready for International duty? Madness!!!! [cursing]

And as for Henson? Please, don't go there. 22 months out of the game and he thinks that it'll ONLY take him 3 club matches to be ready for International duty? Madness!!!! [cursing]

Allbright was the drink of choice when I worked in Blackwood! ( Long time ago)

As for Henson he is what my grandfather ( ex Schoolmaster at Dowlais Top) would call a ponc*e

Matt....I wasn't referring to ENGLAND and lopping you Welsh,Irish and Scotts in there when I said "ENGLISH" insult.....I meant "ENGLISH" as it is spoken over here, as it is spoken over here by the largest English speaking population on the planet.......not that I don't like hearing the "quaint" way you Brits speak that Shakespearian dialect you all cling to.....lol....no insult intended to anyone by my above statements......lol

Matt

BT Bob.....Bob, are YOU the uncle they are always referring to???????

Matt....I wasn't referring to ENGLAND and lopping you Welsh,Irish and Scotts in there when I said "ENGLISH" insult.....I meant "ENGLISH" as it is spoken over here, as it is spoken over here by the largest English speaking population on the planet.

If there was an icon with a one eye brow raised and one positioned normally it would be placed here...LOL

......not that I don't like hearing the "quaint" way you Brits speak that Shakespearian dialect you all cling to.....lol....no insult intended to anyone by my above statements......lol

oh dear forget it msp_biggrin.gif I can't be bothered to try and explain the reality - eg the amount of accents in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales being vast rolleyes.gifmsp_biggrin.gif but back to my normal pseudo Shakespearean English "thy comment defines us all with accuracy...I beseech thee to offer more comment..."

but quaint...quaint!!! LMAO - I saw red at that

If I am not online tomorrow please e mail me as I am drinking and have acquired a gun and playing Russian Roulette while listening to Nirvanna's Territorial Pissing

Matt

Allbright was the drink of choice when I worked in Blackwood! ( Long time ago)

As for Henson he is what my grandfather ( ex Schoolmaster at Dowlais Top) would call a ponc*e

Then your Grandfather is (as they so often are) a VERY perceptive man. [thumbup]

"Cock" would be another word.

BT Bob.....Bob, are YOU the uncle they are always referring to???????

Aha OWF - you've sussed me out! I am, in fact, an Uncle to 7 nieces, 2 nephews and 2 "step-nephews"!! And (and this is scary as I write it) a "great-nephew" on the way!

I had to move to Hungary, as there wasn't room for two guitarists who sing in dialect in Norfolk. I had to make way for the following genius. Ladles and Jellyspoons, I give you the one, the only, the unsurpassable Allan Smethurst...

The Singing Postman

Put that in your pipe and smoke it (loik a chimbley), Wily...

Please be nice to our British / UK friends ...after losing their empire they end up jumping into bed with G.W Bush... They haven't had a good couple of centuries.... [flapper][rolleyes]

Well...at least they have some of the finest beer and ale in the world to cry into. [thumbup][thumbup]

Americans and Brits ...two people separated by a common language. [cursing][thumbup]

Archived