Gibson Brands Forums

Any love for the Hummingbird Pro?

Triumph1050

Sure looks sweet.

My Pops is a Hummingbird guy thru and thru and I like 'em but I prefer a vintage sunburst without all the regular Hummingbird bling. My hats not big enough to pull that off.

So I stumbled across one of these at the Gibson site. I prefer dreads and swoopy pickguards. LOL

Looks great! Any thoughts?

618234.jpg

Corret me if im wrong but the HB Pro is like that HB Artist which means a shortscale version of the SWD in mahogany, same body shape.

A lot of love for this model, couple threads ran on this recently, or was on it the AGF ?

Anyway, its a great guitar, i played on and it was a winner for sure !

Upon further research the HB Pro is the smaller square as you mentioned like the SWD. So its got no birds, its a different shape than a large square 'Bird....why call it a Hummingbird????

Its basically a SWD but in mahogany. And that's fine but I have a SWD already.

I'm still wanting a Country Western or Southern Jumbo. I like the Kristofferson but its pricey.

Upon further research the HB Pro is the smaller square as you mentioned like the SWD. So its got no birds, its a different shape than a large square 'Bird....why call it a Hummingbird????

Its basically a SWD but in mahogany.

<_<

I get it....

Specs say it's long scale- 25.5"

It is a mighty attractive guitar and i fit was short scale I would think of buying one. I want a hog Gibson and I like the neck inlays, but can't do the big time bling on the traditional Hummingbird- like you said- my hat isn't big enough [flapper]

<Hummingbird Pro> . . Its basically a SWD but in mahogany. And that's fine but I have a SWD already.

I'm still wanting a Country Western or Southern Jumbo. I like the Kristofferson but its pricey.

Hmmm . . . .

So now, what's your question again?

Hmmm . . . .

So now, what's your question again?

My original post had the question...not the 2nd one that you quoted me from.

It's right there in the title..."Any love for the Hummingbird Pro?"

I simply hadnt heard much about this model and didnt know much about it but thought it looked great.

After researching more AFTER the thread started I learned it was smaller than a Hummingbird and was very similar in shape to a SWD...and 'hog instead of rosewood.

Title still applies...

Does anyone like this guitar or have any thoughts on it. There's not alot out there about it.

I have owned two traditional birds and currently Hummingbird Artist which I think is the best Gibson acoustic I have owned. I have played 4 Pros and they are very nice. Not the balanced mellow sound of a tradinal HB known for strumming so well, has the Gibson mahogany sound with a bit of growl, very sweet strong mids, strong defined bass. I played many Gibsons before buying mine and the j35 seemed closer to the Pro than a tradinal bird. Mine has opened up beautifully and is very loud and warm.

Personally I think its one of the best deals Gibson offers. Also there have been some previous owners and sound clips on the Pro if you care to search the threads.

Here are the differences between the HB Pro and the reg. HB

HB Pro

Body Custom Line Body

Scale Long

Nut Width 1.6875"

Finish Vintage Sunburst

HB Standard

Body Traditional Square Shoulder

Scale Short

Nut Width 1.725"

Finish Heritage Cherry Sunburst

The Hummingbird Pro is not a limited run; GC can order as many as they want. But these are only for guitar center.

Archived