Gibson Brands Forums

Whole Lotta Love With Tman5293 Filling In For Jimmy Page.

Tman5293

Good, you need more feeling on the solo. Anytime i do a solo thats not mine i imagine its mine, like i made it but everything was planned out for me. [lol]

Thank you for saying something! msp_thumbup.gif

I agree that the solo was in no way perfect or anywhere near it.

You go other Tman! Awesome!

btw way your singer sounds just like Robert Plant...........Just kidding, I know. How did you do that, subtract Jimmy's part to record it yourself? Way cool.

I just looked for Led Zeppelin backing tracks on google. Came up with this site:

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

I found the song with all the parts except for Jimmy's and I have no idea how they did it.

I just looked for Led Zeppelin backing tracks on google. Came up with this site:

I found the song with all the parts except for Jimmy's and I have no idea how they did it.

Very cool. I was going to ask how you did that as well. I'll have to keep this site in the back of my mind.

I would try and emphasize the slide a little bit when playing the "verse" part. It's slight, but I think he's sliding at least a half step from the 6th to the 7th fret on the low E. And maybe it's just my ears, but he's also adding a little bit of "flavor" on the D (A string)...meaning just a little bit of bend or movement in the note.

It's all pretty minimal, but adds a lot to the lick and keeps it from sounding too cookie-cutter.

Very cool. I was going to ask how you did that as well. I'll have to keep this site in the back of my mind.

I would try and emphasize the slide a little bit when playing the "verse" part. It's slight, but I think he's sliding at least a half step from the 6th to the 7th fret on the low E. And maybe it's just my ears, but he's also adding a little bit of "flavor" on the D (A string)...meaning just a little bit of bend or movement in the note.

It's all pretty minimal, but adds a lot to the lick and keeps it from sounding too cookie-cutter.

All good stuff. I will try both of those things. Thanks!

When you play the D note on the A string in the riff, try hitting the D string with it so you have the two Ds going at the same time. He seemed to do this in the studio, but live he just played the one D note.

Well, yup.....and...You love your dream tone, the one you found Tman5293....if you like it, cool..................sounds good, but it is far from accurate...what is important is that you like it...

That is one solo that is difficult to master.....you come close, which is really cool...........I gave up on that one....so much other Page stuff to master note per note....

Great job, i usually don't nit-pick covers for technical interpretations, after all it is you and not Jimmy playing. Recently, I have been a Tone-snob regarding covers though. I feel that if your covering a tune trying to capture a similar tone of the original is essential. I stood in with a local group recently, where the lead guitarist insists on covering Allman Brothers with a souped up Ibanez.[cursing]

If that's how you feel the song; then there is not one thing that needs to be changed. I would play it very differently, but that is because you are Tyler and I am Matt

I really liked the way the playing (and tone) lifted a hat to Jimmy Page's, but with out trying to mimic him to the point of it being a cloned performance.

Matt

Great job, i usually don't nit-pick covers for technical interpretations, after all it is you and not Jimmy playing. Recently, I have been a Tone-snob regarding covers though. I feel that if your covering a tune trying to capture a similar tone of the original is essential. I stood in with a local group recently, where the lead guitarist insists on covering Allman Brothers with a souped up Ibanez.[cursing]

Ibanez, Allman Brothers...........ummmm......ah......[scared] .....................[crying] .........um............:unsure: ..........

My Br-600 can do that, take out the vocals and the guitar, someone smarter than me told me it took out the middle of the mix or something.

Anybody?

Seriously. I want to know what you guys think. I wont bother me if you say it sounds like crap. Just give me something to work with. I want honest opinions. msp_cool.gif

The playing is excellent!!! [thumbup]

The tone of the guitar sounds like the the mic is positioned to close to the center speaker cone/voice coil [confused] ... Well that's if your mic-ing the amp.

My advice is to position the mic just outside of the whole speaker cone, so that you get a more rounder tone.

The playing is excellent!!! [thumbup]

The tone of the guitar sounds like the the mic is positioned to close to the center speaker cone/voice coil [confused] ... Well that's if your mic-ing the amp.

My advice is to position the mic just outside of the whole speaker cone, so that you get a more rounder tone.

I don't have a mic. I had an aux line running from the headphone jack on my amp straight to the line in jack on my PC.

I don't have a mic. I had an aux line running from the headphone jack on my amp straight to the line in jack on my PC.

That explains the tone....

At some point, what would be cool if you could lay the guitar track down again, using the same expressive feel, but mic-ing up an amp.

Archived