Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Fetish stuff (GFS)

djroge1

Same here, great pickups and parts to upgrade or build your own axe but I have not tried their tone controls.

EDIT: also while you are lookign at this klind of stuff check out the Villex Strat Passive Booster. In reality it plays with the frequesncies of the guitar to simulate a booster.

There are some videos on youtube.com

Any one here ever try their stuff - pick ups or electronics.

I'm curious about this tone control

I've jst had a look at it and if anyone has anything good to say about it I may also consider getting it for one of my guitars. Only problem is that I have coil spits already. So If I installed this I wouldnt be able to keep the single coil sound, I'd only have the humbucker and SRV sound. Do they make pots which can accomodate 3 different sounds as in humbucker/coil split humbucker/SRV?

I'm really considering new pups from them for my Tele and came across that while searching their web site.

As for the tele, I bought a used MIM Fender so I don't want to put something in that cost more than the guitar.

I'm really considering new pups from them for my Tele and came across that while searching their web site.

As for the tele, I bought a used MIM Fender so I don't want to put something in that cost more than the guitar.

I have them in my 62 reissue Tele. No complaints.

I don't know about components, I have a friend that plays a Xavier from them the 500 series,

and that's a monster of a guitar

Huge sound good tone, very punk rock sounding

I am looking to put a soapbar 180 HB in my LPJ for chuckles and grins

I know another guy that worked there for a bit and he built a 500 series that was brutal

Good pickups, some even great........good parts cheap...........Their guitars are hit and miss; some are great, some so-so, and some are just plain not good; I own a bunch of them....Good modding platforms, and good guitars to have around for open and custom tunings..............my two cents................

I don't know about components, I have a friend that plays a Xavier from them the 500 series,

and that's a monster of a guitar

Huge sound good tone, very punk rock sounding

I am looking to put a soapbar 180 HB in my LPJ for chuckles and grins

I know another guy that worked there for a bit and he built a 500 series that was brutal

I recently installed a matched set of the "Vintage Wound" (moderate output) 180 Soapbars in my Epi '56 Gold Top and am MORE than happy with the difference !! Completely cancelled the hum, and SLIGHTLY thickened up the tone w/o losing the "Raw/edgy" P-90 sound....I can best describe them as "Souped up P-90s".

I'm not familiar with the LPJ's wire routing, but be aware that the mounting screws are between the outer poles and the edge of the p'up, as opposed to "Center mount screws"....I had to glue wood blocks into the wire rout on each p'up to keep the screw on the wire end from just dangling in open air......not a real problem, but they don't mention this in the ad.

Heres a pic for reference:

GarysCam163.jpg

I also installed a Vintage wound set of their "Lil Crunchy" ceramic Mini Humbuckers in a $139 SX SJM '57 (now called the "Liquid") to replace the "even worse than Epi" P-90s it came with stock.

They came with the Mini mounting rings and all hardware.....and I SWEAR the guitar sounds like a $1500 axe now !!

But, I also changed the pots, cap, & switches at he same time...

a pic for anyone interested:

GarysCam148.jpg

i'm not experienced w/their other components, but i'll never hesitate to use GFS p'ups.

and yeah.....that tone control looks mighty interesting....might try one just to hear what it really does.

If you are looking for inexpensive boutique pups that are made right here in the US....then try Guitar Force. The winder's name is Kevin. He will custom wind to your needs.

I am not sure if they are "better" than GFS...just a different option and option that uses better quality parts. And they are made here!!

http://www.guitarforcepickups.com/home

If you are looking for inexpensive boutique pups that are made right here in the US....then try Guitar Force. The winder's name is Kevin. He will custom wind to your needs.

I am not sure if they are "better" than GFS...just a different option and option that uses better quality parts. And they are made here!!

http://www.guitarforcepickups.com/home

I looked at their web site after you mentioned that you put a set in your LP but it looks like they only make humbuckers. I'm swapping out pups in a mexican tele so I need single coils. Also, with their price a pair would be around $300 and that is more than I paid for this tele.

Archived