Gibson Brands Forums

Should I or shouldn't I sell my 72 LP Custom?

bluzhammer

If I do part with it, for how much? I got it in 78 and it's been a player, although it has sat idle for the past couple of years. she has had to be repaired ( the old headstock issue ), still sporting the original pickups and the low frets. I would appreciate any and all opinions.[confused]

If I do part with it, for how much? I got it in 78 and it's been a player, although it has sat idle for the past couple of years. she has had to be repaired ( the old headstock issue ), still sporting the original pickups and the low frets. I would appreciate any and all opinions.[confused]

Yes, No, maybe, maybe not...... No opinions, huh? No estimates of value? I bet if I offered to give it away the opinions would be flying.

Well, I no longer sell, smash, or lose guitars.......I collect them, so, my opinion is biased.......First, pics would be nice, so, post some pics...explain the damage more, and show pics of it...explain more why you want to sell such a nice guitar.............and yes, if you are giving it away, my gal and cats have told me that I have been very good this year..........so, um..............

You guys are correct. I played it last night for the first time in a couple of years and it was like meeting an old friend. Tons of memories came back and I thought to myself...... " Self, WTH are you thinking? Sell this guitar and regret it for the rest of my days, I gots to be crazy." I really appreciate the replies and over the next few days, I'll clean her up real good and post up some pictures.

If I owned a guitar for over 30 years, I would need a damn good reason to sell it. Like my dog was starving, and I couldn't get him food in any other way, or something like that.

If you don't have a good reason -- a really good reason -- then don't sell it.

It was just a passing consideration and I was really at loss as to the actual value of it, and still am considering the repair done to it. The repair was done by a master luthier and builder. Once the GAS for the PRS Hollowbody II subsided, I realized the folly of my flawed thinking and had to hang my head in shame for even entertaining such a foolish notion.

It was just a passing consideration and I was really at loss as to the actual value of it, and still am considering the repair done to it. The repair was done by a master luthier and builder. Once the GAS for the PRS Hollowbody II subsided, I realized the folly of my flawed thinking and had to hang my head in shame for even entertaining such a foolish notion.

Good choice. That new guitar GAS is just like a hooker trying to get you to leave your wife!!!!

Archived