Gibson Brands Forums

Some pics

Raptor

Guitaslinger gets the cigar. It is the top part of the waist of the guitar, on the back. The waist is the narrow part of the guitar body, ther wider sections are called the bouts. So the dent simulates smacking the guitar pretty hard against a heavy belt buckle. He even did some worming on the back of the guitar to simulate belt wear.

I am not really a big fan of the artificial aging myself. I really detest the VOS stuff they do, but Murphy is very good. If you ever wanted a replica made of your fave guitar, he would be the guy I would go to. But if I do not clean a guitar after playing it, I can have the nickel looking worse than his aging in a couple of days. He does do good work.

As for a 50th Anniversary R9, I don't know as yet. I would have liked to have gotten the set, R7, R8, R9 and R0. I missed out on the Anniversary R7, they didn't realize I wanted one and I waited until it came out to ask. I had to start asking last fall, about the R8 and put down my deposit, So I need to put a deopsit down now if I want an R9. Plus everyone will want one of those, and then they are considerably more money. I would rather put a deposit down on a Custom order R9 with flame and finish to my liking or another custom order LP.

Raptor, I was only kidding when I said that. B)

I thought about ordering one too, though...but I decided not to because I'd probably consider an anniversary R9 as an investment and wouldn't want to pick it up. I've got a Strat on the way, but I do want another guitar by the end of the year...probably another CS Les Paul or a CS SG. 57 Customs look nicer and nicer every time I see them, dispite the fact that I don't like gold hardware.

Again, gorgeous R8!.

Hey Tim, if you like Customs, really try an R4 BB reissue. I have a 3 PU R7BB also and the R4 is just smoking. My Elegant had been my number 1 player but that R4 with the Alnico Bridge pickup is very sweet. If you have a chance you really should try one. You will be surprised, where an R7 sound pretty much like a GT or R8 (the mahogany does add some warmth, but not that much). Besides the R4 BB has black PU covers.

Archived