Gibson Brands Forums

Got The Kids All Together

zombywoof

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've shown my guitar family on an earlier thread but that was before I added the SJ-200. I've been taking care of my friends' Harry and Cathy's place with the cat' date=' Conner and all, so I used their wondeful garden as a backdrop for my only Gibsons. My '04 J-45 and my '07 SJ-200 mc. I was also lucky enough to conscript an aging hippe who was just waltzing down the street whistling "Mellow Yellow", to sit in on the photo to lend a bit of perspective as to size. I didn't want it to look like miniature guitars in a terrarium. [/quote']

Hey nice to meet you TW. I think we should all try this. One builds up a mental picture of what people look like so it would be good to see the real thing.......or possibly not in my case

Cunk is obviously in touch with public male nakedness and big hair. Good fellow!

Hey nice to meet you TW. I think we should all try this.

Are you sure about this AJ?

You having met me and me having met you, I have my doubts!

That's isn't TWilson anyway, I belive that TWilson is a booted and suited city dude with a cowboy tie, stetson and a $12000 suit.

You know that Victorian picture taken by the two young girls of fairies at the bottom of their garden?

They could not explain the presence of the fairies in their pics.

The same thing happened here when TWilson instructed his 30 something blonde nubile PA to tale a pic of his Gibbys.

Some bearded garden leprechaun leapt out of the buddlia and posed for the pic!

Anyway AJ

IF that is the great man, we can't compete with those knees!

I hate to love these kinds of threads! They make me want to go out and spend lots of money. My problem is that I can't just sell one to buy another...

its good to have that kind of temper. i was told 'never sell anything you like as a means to upgrade. you'll regret it later.'

OK so where are the photos of the blonde nubile PA??????? Hmmmmm......

Well will a "blonde" Secretary do?

Rumsfeld.jpg

Apparently he lurks around a certain garden in the US

Hah!

Why you want pics of power dressed ladies when you can look at Wilys L20 GOK.

Wily mate as the Aussies might say "that's a corker" and I promised myself no more GAS attacks,!

John T.........one good thing or one bad thing...(depends on how you see it) That L-20 is no longer made, AND there were only about 30 of them made in the first place.....so not that common......lol.......but There are a LOT of Robert Johnson's out there.....and I KNOW you are gassing for one of those, (if they ever get to England.....sigh) I'm working on a trade for that Les Paul and a 355....wish me luck....wily

Larry......damn you.......lol......That is a NICE little grouping......Looks like you've got every fretboard inlay just about covered.... I see you are a little partian to the "burst"..I'll bet they all sound fantastic too.......bravo!!!

I see one "Burst" guitar inlay missing.....

BoneCrusher.jpg

PICT2834.jpg

For what it is worth' date=' I was out visiting the Luthier who built my Legato Walnut/Sitka Dread last weekend and saw one of his custom guitars that he had at a show in Montreal recently. He is also a Gibson lover and this is his tribute to Gibby's in his guitar. It is a small jumbo (J15) featuring big leaf maple w/ flame and spalting on the back/sides. The top is carpathian spruce. The fretboard, bridge, peghead, binding is pau ferro. The neck is african mahogany,maple and ebony.

Check out the Inlay in the front shot.....

[img']http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd219/lofapco/PICT4004.jpg[/img]

Here is the rear shot.................

PICT4005.jpg

Here is another guitar he made for the Montreal show that I got to play. This one is a Grand auditorium (GA) Back/sides are European maple w/ flame and the top is beautiful Bearclaw sitka. The fretboard, bridge, binding are madigascar rosewood. The neck is maple and mahogany 5 piece like my Walnut/Bearclaw Sitka Dread he made. This one like the one above is for sale and man I wish I had some extra cash laying around. He is still a fairly new Luthier with about 30 guitars currently built and sold so his prices are VERY reasonable. Once he get's know, I assume they will raise to astronomical proportions!

PICT4003.jpg

PICT4002.jpg

Larry......damn you.......lol......That is a NICE little grouping......Looks like you've got every fretboard inlay just about covered.... I see you are a little partian to the "burst"..I'll bet they all sound fantastic too.......bravo!!!

Thanks everybody for the compliments. That represents a group that was bought over a period of 30 years of hard work, saving, and salivating. You know, "Only a Gibson is Good Enough".

One other thing to remember - real men only play 'bursts............(as I duck and run for cover)

Larry....you must be "bursting" with pride...lol....Jannus.....nice little grouping yourself.....(I've got to be good' date=' I've got to be good....I've got to be good.....) You both should consider yourselves ENABLERS!!!![/quote']

thx OWF. i'm pretty much all about the burst.

jg' date=' you need the AJ to complete the set. and once your limited arrives, might i suggest filling in that doorway (probably not important right?) to make more wallspace for hangers?[/quote']

had an aj for a bit but thought it was somewhat redundant since i had the oj i am quite fond of. the aj has a happy home with another member here on the forum. i still find myself ogling them, though. i'm trying hard to keep the herd reasonable and if i spring for the tv ltd, something will likely have to go.

tp' date=' your luthier does great work. those fretboards are sweet.[/quote']

Thanks Cunk.... The one with the wood Gibby style inlay's played like a dream! I really enjoyed playing both. It was interesting that while both were maple, they each had such a different tone. Playability wise, there is something about a luthier built guitar that is really sweet. Another cool part with my Legato is I now have photos of when the walnut was cut from the tree, a few of the building process on my guitar and the promotional photos that were taken of it when it was completed. Plus I got to meet the guy who actually built it from those logs and he did a free setup for me, replaced the bridge pins with ebony with small abalone dot's matching my fretboard (which is the amazing full inlay of roses/vines) and tweeked the saddle and truss for my fingerstyle type of playing. I spent about 5 hours at his place just playing, talking and smelling guitars! I was in heaven for a day.

Archived