Gibson Brands Forums

Because y'all need some good music

Silenced Fred

She has an amazing voice, its so cool. JW's solos just rock, period.

Also, watch Jack. He is dressed the same as everyone else, and fits in with the band. Sure, he lets loose some solos and interacts with Wanda quite a bit, but for a for him to be releasing her album, recording it and playing on it, he takes such a backseat role. Many people would make sure they are quite prominent

I dig it

Whoa dude...

I like it! [thumbup]

How many famous guitarists would record a song for another person, play solos, then let themselves get pushed away from "some old lady"?

I love it! blew my mind when I heard it, this is the kinda stuff I want to do.

I'm trying to talk my high school jazz band teacher into letting me do some arrangements with them

I like it. I heard this on satellite radio earlier this week (Outlaw Country rocks!)

I'd also guess young mister White is smart enough to know that Wanda Jackson is a

rockabilly legend and that he is, therefore, appropriately deferential. I wonder how

many of his young fans are as smart. Then again perhaps he is educating them in his own

way. His release with Tammy Wynette was similar in this fashion. I respect him for that.

I'm not a christian but I reserve the right to say "Holy Jesus!" For those who wonder what happened to rock and roll. here it is compliments of Jack White.

I heard an interview with Wanda last week about this collaboration and it sounds like a must have album. Great stuff!

Yeah I never got too much into The White Stripes but i am a huge Raconteurs fan. Consolers of the Lonely was my album of the year in 2008. Sooooo good!!

I like the White Stripes stuff, but his work with the Raconteurs blew it out of the water. BTW, have you ever checked out Brendan Benson's solo stuff? It's borderline pop/indie, but some of his stuff is really good. And Consoler of the Lonely is my album of the decade

I was about to post this the other day but forgot, you beat me to it! <_<

It's great, every time Jack White does something new I'm completely awestruck, he really knows what he's doing and does it well. Have you heard the rest of the album? Some songs could've been swapped for better ones, but the production is really neat and definately has a Jack White-ish tone to it. I especially like the track Rum & Coca Cola, it's so silly. Karen does some of the backup vocals as well [wub]

I was about to post this the other day but forgot, you beat me to it! <_<

It's great, every time Jack White does something new I'm completely awestruck, he really knows what he's doing and does it well. Have you heard the rest of the album? Some songs could've been swapped for better ones, but the production is really neat and definately has a Jack White-ish tone to it. I especially like the track Rum & Coca Cola, it's so silly. Karen does some of the backup vocals as well [wub]

I need to get it, have to purchase more money for iTunes, just bought a bunch of stuff from Brendan Benson's solo albums.

Karen is awesome [wub]

I need to get it, have to purchase more money for iTunes, just bought a bunch of stuff from Brendan Benson's solo albums.

Karen is awesome [wub]

You should get it on vinyl though, as should I (only heard it on various streams thus far). Did you see that the vinyl gatefolds actually play music when opened, like a greeting card? How awesome is that? :lol:

You should get it on vinyl though, as should I (only heard it on various streams thus far). Did you see that the vinyl gatefolds actually play music when opened, like a greeting card? How awesome is that? :lol:

Jack is a genius at what he does with vinyl. Did you also see his monkey box? put in a quarter and it will randomly play a song from an unreleased album for a random amount of time from 10 seconds to a minute and a half. So cool

Jack is a genius at what he does with vinyl. Did you also see his monkey box? put in a quarter and it will randomly play a song from an unreleased album for a random amount of time from 10 seconds to a minute and a half. So cool

Yeah, that was great... Now if I could only go to Nashville and try it out, too bad it's quite a trip to make.

Archived