Gibson Brands Forums

Weather watch

milod

Temps tonight in the geographical center of the U.S. will be around -25 which is nearly -32 C. Wind chills will near -50 F which is about -45 C. It's chilly by any standard. In fact, it's colder than when I had my first encounter with a person frozen solid in a stalled car some 45 years ago.

I don't know what the weather is up in Karen's Calgary but...

Folks, it's headed toward eastern North America. Wear layers and cover the ears... Frostbite ain't fun.

m

Yeah, we get a bit more variation here.

Last week it was nearly 50F, tonight -25F.... that's 75 degrees variation.

South of here a dozen miles they had something like that much change in a cupla minutes, a record that still stands.

BTW, I liked Buffalo as a bus stopover when I was in college in the "west" and Dad was still in grad school in Boston. The 18 drinking age meant I could buy a cupla shots of Pinchbottle and sleep like a baby for at least four or five hours which, on a bus, ain't too bad.

m

Unseasonably warm down here in North Florida. 72 degrees for the past few days. We're due for some more cold I hope.

It's going to be 78 here today. We play outdoors at a marina this afternoon, so it should be just about perfect.

50s at night though.

Historic averages for February around here Hi=75 Low=52 so we are on target.

I hope it warms up a little more at night so I don't have to run the heater.

Notes ♫

It was in the 70's, here...this past Friday & Saturday!

NOW...it's 2 degrees, with blowing snow, and a

wind chill index, of -22 degrees below Zero!

Nothing like Kansas in Winter, for "Roller Coaster"

weather...except, in the other Mid Western states! ;>b

I wonder what it costs, to go to Tahiti?! ;>)

CB

Milo;

Brrrrrrrrrr Cold here in WY. also. Very similar temps.

At my house it's so cold I just saw 2 Cottontails pushing a Jack Rabbit

trying to get him started [biggrin]

Seriously though, I had to have the HVAC Guy come out as my furnace

was only running intermitttently for the last 2 days. Seems that with High

Efficient Systems in this area they are freezing up on the air intake side.

So we took a heat gun to the PVC pipe used for fresh air intake. Wah Lah!!!!

She's running like a champ again annnnnd the best part only 1/2 hr charge.

Yupppp small town hospitality

Yeah, I hadda have my hvac repaired too... the poor, innocent little fan gave out.

Then... the sewer froze again. Didn't happen when the old style potties dumped lotza water at once; the new "efficient" ones don't get enough pressure to go quickly enough past some roots in the 90-year-old sewer pipe so... every time it gets much below -20, , the roots freeze and ... so does everything else. Gotta replace it next summer. @#$%#@$%#$

But at least it warmed up here. Only -14 this morning here.

m

Saw on the electric TV last night that Cal Gary was in the 40's. Has to do with some jet stream anomaly. We normally get Alberta Clippers (wind form cold, frigid Alberta) this time of year, but the weather is blowing from the North, north east, coming right off of Hudson's Bay. This is causing warmer air to bathe Calgary and US parts west.

I think they said it was warming in Calgary than in Brownsville, Tx. [omg]

It's an interesting bounce this year.

m

Yep. Bounce is the word. We keep having record lows and then record

highs all winter down here for the last few years. Seems I'm in

shorts one day and a down jacket the next.

Hey I missed this thread?

Anyway, it's been GREAT here the past few days! It's hovering around plus 7C, all the snow is melting, and the chinook winds are blowing strong. So strong in fact, it was hard to keep my truck on the road tonight coming home from the farm. Of course the roads out to the farm are gravel and mud, and it was like driving in quicksand. But I'm not complaining, no-siree! As long as you've got lots of windshield washer fluid and waterproof boots, you're fine! Cleaning the horses' feet was rather unpleasant tho'.

Some lady called in to the Drumheller radio station this morning and claimed she saw a robin on her front lawn!! And 3 out of 4 groundhogs did not see their shadows so we get a early spring. Of course the boys were shooting groundhogs out at the farm that day so that theory may be toast. Ah well, spring is on the way eventually. [biggrin]

Hi Karen...

Yeah, it's screwy here. It just rained a bit even though we're now in a winter storm warning. Not as warm as in Calgary obviously, but nicely above freezing. Tomorrow it's s'posed to blow like ... a bunch ... and some snow.

If the rain and thawing snow freezes on the roads, it could be interesting with 40+ miles per hour winds pushing snow on top. What's that, something like 60-70 kph?

Hmmmm. I think a certain Jeep would look like it was ice skating.

Glad you got out to the horse, though...

m

Archived