Gibson Brands Forums

Cheers to My Bro's from Detroit

Big Bill

Props to Iggy. I was born in Gross Point Farms, and always pull for musicians from Detroit. Unless its Eminem. **** Eminem.

I have a hard time with Eminem too, however I did like the movie 8 Mile. I grew up off of 9 mile, and I remember delivering pizza to the trailer park where he lived in that movie. If I knew Kim Basinger lived there, I would have stopped by with a few free pies. =P~

Hey Bill, you ever make it to Clutch Cargo in Pontiac? My old man saw DK there in 82. I was 3 at the time, so I didn't make the show. [crying] He probably saw every punk band that was worth their salt there at some point. I saw the Slits there in 06. Is that place still around?

That guy can put on a hell of a show.

Are you still living in Gross Pointe, you guys are certainly from the better side of the tracks?

No. Moved from Detroit in 1984 to upstate NY. I have been back 3-4 for work over the past 7-8 years. I went to HS and College in Lincoln, NE, and Live in the greater Hartford, CT area now. Even though I was only 5 when we moved, I still like going back, and make it a point to go to a Pistons game when I'm in town if the calendar permits.

Hey Bill, you ever make it to Clutch Cargo in Pontiac? My old man saw DK there in 82. I was 3 at the time, so I didn't make the show. [crying] He probably saw every punk band that was worth their salt there at some point. I saw the Slits there in 06. Is that place still around?

Wow Clutch Cargo, I haven't heard that name in awhile. No, I never seen a show there. I didn't make it out to Pontiac to often, my car broke down there once on I-75.

I see you live on the East Coast too, I'm in New Jersey now. I only go back to visit family in the summer, so I'm not up to date on the comings and goings of the area anymore.

I would say we're better off weather wise out east, but then I remembered this winter! Ive only been to Jersey once or twice, but end up in Midtown for the Knicks games quite frequently. You ever want to come for Knicks-Pistons, give me a PM and I'll score us some tickets......Unless your a Nets fan =;

You ever want to come for Knicks-Pistons, give me a PM and I'll score us some tickets......Unless your a Nets fan =;

Why don't you invite him to a real sporting event: Red Wings and Rangers. They play this Monday.

One of rock's most interesting characters for sure!

I'm always amazed at how fresh some of his stuff sounds

even after all these years..

I second that. Fun House is like amphetamines to me. That opening riff of Down on the Street sends me to special places.

Archived