Gibson Brands Forums

Gary Moore dead?

Silenced Fred

It just hit me hard... I don't want to believe it. [crying] I am in deep shock right now and probably will be for a while....

Gary Moore is one of the guys that truly inspires me to pick up my guitar every day... Very few other guitarists can make me feel the level of emotion I feel every time I hear him playing. His music and his memory will never be forgotten. The band in the Heavens just got a hell of a lot better... R.I.P. Mr. Moore, you will never be forgotten....

This one goes out to you Gary, because I got the blues now.... [crying]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't know about you guys, but I have a real hard time dealing with death...and to see such a great guy and guitar player pass at a relatively young age, really terrifies and saddens me. Gary Moore was an exceptional player and it's really a tragedy to see him go..Really makes me think of my own mortality. God Bless Gary Moore, I truly hope your in a better place.

i don't know about you guys, but I have a real hard time dealing with death...and to see such a great guy and guitar player pass at a relatively young age, really terrifies and saddens me. Gary Moore was an exceptional player and it's really a tragedy to see him go..Really makes me think of my own mortality. God Bless Gary Moore, I truly hope your in a better place.

i completely agree... life is very fragile and we must live each day to the fullest with no regrets [smile]

I just bought a bunch of Gary Moore stuff on Amazon... I was looking through my music collection and realized i didn't have any of his CD's... got Best of the Blues, the Still Got the Blues album, and Bad for You Baby. Also got 2 of his DVD's, the 1990 Montreux performance and his One Night in Dublin (tribute to Phil Lynott) DVD. Luckily I looked on Amazon right now; most of his more popular CD's and DVD's are either out of stock or close to it... I should have them all by next weekend; can't wait to watch/listen to them... gonna tear up big time but that's ok!! [thumbup]

I went thru the same thing when SRV died. I was as big a fan of Stevie as you are of Gary so I know what you're going thru. Hang in there, Steve. Honor the man by the love of the music he left for us - it's his gift to the world.

I went thru the same thing when SRV died.

wow, can you imagine the shock on the faces of stevie ray, hendrix, gallagher and jeff healy as gary walked throuh heavens gates? [biggrin]...there must be some serious jam sessions going on up there right now! [thumbup]

Archived