Gibson Brands Forums

compressor/sustainer?

S t e v e

ok goes like this, 1st is morley wah, 2nd noise supressor, third distortion pedal...where does my new compressor/sustainer go? i got it off ebay without the leaflet you get with em...it's a digitech "main squeeze".

where do you have your's :-k

I don't have a compressor so I can't help you there but why do you have your noise suppressor before your distortion pedal?

well, i tried it after the distortion but the effect wasn't as good as before the distortion? also the "manual" said to put it there! but i know it comes down to personal preferance as on some video demos they have it after the overdrive/distortion.

If I turn both knobs up all the way on my Torn's Peaker I get Asian talk radio. REALLY noisey Asian talk radio.

Anyways back to the original question.. I just looked it up and it seems that most people recommend putting it first in your chain unless you have a really picky pedal (especially fuzz) which you don't so try it first in your chain.

If I turn both knobs up all the way on my Torn's Peaker I get Asian talk radio. REALLY noisey Asian talk radio.

Anyways back to the original question.. I just looked it up and it seems that most people recommend putting it first in your chain unless you have a really picky pedal (especially fuzz) which you don't so try it first in your chain.

ok thanks for that, i'll do that now...i suppose i could of googled it but i wanted a more "personal" opinion from you guys B)

Well, I run my C/S before any other pedals, save the Boss Tuner...which is first, because it's

also doubles as the power supply. After that..C/S, and modulation pedal (chorus, phaser, etc),

then come the distortion pedals, and finally the Boss Rotary Pedal. I used to put the chorus,

and phaser, at the end, before I got the Rotary Pedal...as they did that simulation, then.

But, that's just the way "I" do it.

CB

Eh not a big fan of compressors..I've had two over 130$ and I'd always get that annoying "popping" attack, that's very common with compressors...IMO buying a compressor isn't worth it unless your willing to spend over 200-300$ on a nice quality unit....If you go cheap, your going to get alot of annoyances with it..(ex..noisy,popping, unpleasant squashing etc...and tonesuck on the cheaper ones..) But if you do get one...put it first in the chain after the tuner....and why is your noise supressor 2nd in your chain?

Here is a great compressor that doesnt exhibit the negative effects as other compressors....

http://proguitarshop.com/videos/effectrode-comp.mp4

Archived