Gibson Brands Forums

GUITAR HERO TAKEN OFF MARKET!!!

jaxson50

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, Actually you're not far off. Guitar Hero was the answer to the industry question of "how do we get consumers to pay for music again?". Guitar hero allowed for downloadable "track packs" or single tracks in exchange for credit purchased with real cash. For a long few years artists enjoyed a bit of a revival of sales of singles and "track packs". Kind of ingenious really since it's not worth trying to rip off xbox live or the online sony digital store people just ponied up and bought the songs they wanted.

Now how much of that the actual artists saw I have no idea, but it's gotta be better than nothing.

I've got to agree with the Owl and FM on this one: I doubt Guitar Hero could keep someone from wanting to learn to play guitar. That would sort of be like cybersex supposedly causing someone to have no interest in women.

Some drives are only satisfied by the "real thing". [biggrin]

So have all the shooting games inspired people to shoot people?

Some would say.

I've never played a shooting game and never shot someone. Ergo, not play the game kept me from going off on someone. O:)

Right? :-k

We used to have a culture of creativity. But that is eroding. We still have some who would rather spend time creating a real life instead of a "cyber" life online or being a slave to the television but it gets fewer every day.

I read something recently about the whole concept of being "amused." You have typical and atypical. Atypical means the opposit of typical. There are other word/concepts like that. Anyway, you can find your muse and create or be "amused" which is the exact opposite of creativity and sit in front of the computer/TV.

I thought that was pretty powerful and telling. We live in an amusement culture.

Would an impartial observer of you and your kids agree?

I think so. Thanks for asking.

We've been blessed to be moderately successful and well adjusted socially, financially, and by just about any other measure I can think of. The girls are in their 20's, graduated from college, married to good guys, etc.

Guitar Hero hasn't seemed to cause anyone here any doom. Neither (it seems) did Day of the Dead, BattleZone, or Asteroids. Grand Theft Auto didn't seem to be particularly damning, either.

How about you?

Guitar Hero, Day of the Dead, BattleZone, Asteroids, Grand Theft Auto were major formative factors for you?

I'm glad your particular social experiences were so rewarding, based on that.

What caused you to fabricate that statement?

Video games were but a minor part of my kids experience growing up.

As far as I can tell, it didn't seem to cause them any harm.

Did your kids never see a video game?

Or listen to any Rock 'n Roll?

Some folks are really really afraid of that, too.

Will you answer the same question you asked of me?

Would an objective observer say that you and your children are well adjusted?

This was a thread about Guitar Hero being taken off the market. Which it hasn't been.

Yet you took the opportunity to turn it into a personal question about my family.

I answered.

Will you answer your own question?

Archived