Gibson Brands Forums

Tone.....

Gilliangirl

Very Nice [thumbup]

Karen, I sense that you are GAS-ing for a Jumbo [wink]

That should read, "GAS-ing" for another Jumbo." [wink]

But, yes, that guitar sounds wonderful. You can really hear it when he plays a little at the beginning before the song starts in the background

Yep, that is a lovelly sounding Gibby, the bass is really outstanding, very full.

What is it about Gibbys, just when you have a whole bunch of em' one just continues to want another one ..lol ..

BTW: maybe a silly questions, but is that a definite J-200? It looks to me like a short scale and the body is somewhat smallish, not a Emily LH model by any chance ??

Yep, that is a lovelly sounding Gibby, the bass is really outstanding, very full.

What is it about Gibbys, just when you have a whole bunch of em' one just continues to want another one ..lol ..

BTW: maybe a silly questions, but is that a definite J-200? It looks to me like a short scale and the body is somewhat smallish, not a Emily LH model by any chance ??

There is currently a 12 fret model on ebay, (US). The soundhole, and consequently, the pick guard are more in line with the waist.

This guitar is in the completed listings

Some interior in this clip – I see real fire, , , and hear a clean strong 200.

Ten Years After – one of my favorite band names. Sounds good. Rings novel, rings motion picture, rings destiny. Always saw it as a decade forward from the first time Lee heard R'n'R.

Admit I only remember the tune vaguely (and this comes from a person whose first learned rock theme was Love Like a Man) – but it's totally hip and the perfect embodiment of the period, if you ask me. What album ?

Some interior in this clip – I see real fire, , , and hear a clean strong 200.

Ten Years After – one of my favorite band names. Sounds good. Rings novel, rings motion picture, rings destiny. Always saw it as a decade forward from the first time Lee heard R'n'R.

Admit I only remember the tune vaguely (and this comes from a person whose first learned rock theme was Love Like a Man) – but it's totally hip and the perfect embodiment of the period, if you ask me. What album ?

The album (I'm dating myself as well as the music) was "A Space In Time"

Nice guitar, nice tune. RADICALLY different sound compared to my vintage J-45. No wonder EmmyLou likes that big maple box.

When people talk about 10 Years After as an "old" band, it makes me feel really old. I thought they were a "new" band. Of course, anything past 1970 is "new" in my book.

You want good old Gibson Jumbo tone, listen to the Everly brothers, or their father Ike.

J45 Nick

Archived