Gibson Brands Forums

The Fuzz Love Thread

Dub-T-123

Well guys.. I'm feelin pretty fuzzy today.

I thought it would be cool if we had a thread to talk about our favorite fuzz pedals, fuzz builders, fuzzy songs, fuzzy GAS, fuzzy ideas, etc.

Right now I'm pretty excited about my new EQD Sound Shank. If you're into 60s Ge fuzz you NEED to check one out. Soooo good. YES. I love it.

Discuss.

Well guys.. I'm feelin pretty fuzzy today.

I thought it would be cool if we had a thread to talk about our favorite fuzz pedals, fuzz builders, fuzzy songs, fuzzy GAS, fuzzy ideas, etc.

Right now I'm pretty excited about my new EQD Sound Shank. If you're into 60s Ge fuzz you NEED to check one out. Soooo good. YES. I love it.

Discuss.

are you going to post a demo for us?? Not heard of the Sound Shank before...

cheers,

Manse

Unfortunately I don't have the equipment to record a good demo. Here's the gearmanndude demo that I posted in my NPD thread.

To be honest I feel like gearmandude is not getting the best out of it in this demo.

FirstMeasure you should totally get some fuzz man. Check out EQD it's handmade in America at reasonable prices. The Sound Shank is $145 new and it pumps out the fuzzy goodness. They make a Fuzz Face variant called the Dream Crusher that's definately worth a look. MUCH better than the Fuzz Faces that Dunlop makes. Don't get a Dunlop. They kinda suck.

My Brother/Bass Player thinks I need a Fuzz face for certain songs. Just might have to do that.

I have to say, that for the price of a Fuzz Face, you can get some super sweet fuzz pedals from boutique builders. But that's just my opinion.

And here I thought someone was making a Fuzzy Fred love thread [crying]

I love fuzz, it just sounds amazing. Way better than a distortion. I gotta get me a cool Ge fuzz

I mainly like fuzz in a non-aggressive sounding way. I think a lot of people use fuzz like a distortion to rock out. My big thing is I want to play kindof indie-ish riffs with cool fuzz tones.

I still rock out like the rest though. My Tele is tuned a whole step down and I can smell my pick burning haha. But my whole band idea is indie-ish riffs with cool fuzz sounds.

I mainly like fuzz in a non-aggressive sounding way. I think a lot of people use fuzz like a distortion to rock out. My big thing is I want to play kindof indie-ish riffs with cool fuzz tones.

I still rock out like the rest though. My Tele is tuned a whole step down and I can smell my pick burning haha. But my whole band idea is indie-ish riffs with cool fuzz sounds.

Werd.

I like it either to add texture, or just to create that Wall of Sound (I need to copyright that, or get a sig pedal made)

I like it for texture. I'm not too big on massive power chord walls of sound but I like certain walls of sound like "Close Encounters" by Mogwai. I like music with a lot of cool sounds in it.

Wall of sound is definately a well established term. There's a pedal called The Great Wall by Fuzzhugger I think.

I like it for texture. I'm not too big on massive power chord walls of sound but I like certain walls of sound like "Close Encounters" by Mogwai. I like music with a lot of cool sounds in it.

Wall of sound is definately a well established term. There's a pedal called The Great Wall by Fuzzhugger I think.

Once I get my fuggin Swollen Pickle back from my now ex bassist, I will get you a recording of "I Got Mine" by my boys from Akron. I'll show you what a Wall of Noise can do [wink]

I can make panties drop with that thing just from sheer force [lol]

You're ridiculous man.

Not to get too off topic, but not having a girlfriend is really starting to depress me. I need a girl.

I'll get you a video of that ****. It's true

And I hear you, I feel the same way. I have too many girl friends and not enough girlfriends

I remember the first "Fuzz" effect I heard, decades ago. It was in

"Over, Under, Sideways, Down" by The Yardbirds! Been fascinated,

by "Fuzz," ever since! Beck made it sound like a violin, and I wanted

to be able to do the same. Bought a 1966 Vox Tone Bender, and away we went!

Now, if I can only FIND that old "Tone Bender," somewhere in among my

"Stuff"...as George Carlin loved to call it.

CB

I remember the first "Fuzz" effect I heard, decades ago. It was in

"Over, Under, Sideways, Down" by The Yardbirds! Been fascinated,

by "Fuzz," ever since! Beck made it sound like a violin, and I wanted

to be able to do the same. Bought a 1966 Vox Tone Bender, and away we went!

Now, if I can only FIND that old "Tone Bender," somewhere in among my

"Stuff"...as George Carlin loved to call it.

CB

Sweet song.

If you ever feel the need to get rid of your Tone Bender, I promise I would give it a nice loving home. Gotta love George Carlin. I don't necessarily agree with him on some topics but he is hilarious.

Yeah Fred I saw that minus one and I don't understand. Maybe someone feels very strongly that Dunlop makes the best Fuzz Face or distortion is better than fuzz. We all know both of those things are wrong anyways.

Sweet song.

If you ever feel the need to get rid of your Tone Bender, I promise I would give it a nice loving home. Gotta love George Carlin. I don't necessarily agree with him on some topics but he is hilarious.

Yeah Fred I saw that minus one and I don't understand. Maybe someone feels very strongly that Dunlop makes the best Fuzz Face or distortion is better than fuzz. We all know both of those things are wrong anyways.

Its probably because I said panties. that was inappropriate. I apologize for that severely

You didn't even say panties in that post. Who cares about those ratings anyways though

I seem to get +1s on weird posts. Like that guy with the door knob forensics... I got +1'd on like every post in that and I don't know why. I forgot to ask if the cops heard a burg jerky in there and that's how they knew he used the door.

You didn't even say panties in that post. Who cares about those ratings anyways though

I seem to get +1s on weird posts. Like that guy with the door knob forensics... I got +1'd on like every post in that and I don't know why. I forgot to ask if the cops heard a burg jerky in there and that's how they knew he used the door.

Dude, my street cred is all I have on this site. Don't knock it.

Potential employers and lovers look at this kind of **** and they judge you off of how you are online.

BTW, I love how we can ostracize the rest of the forum and whole threads just about us lol

Noise gates and compression pedals :rolleyes:

Ill say this right now, Noise gates are for pussies.

And compressions pedals? **** me in a$$ and call me tony.

All the best heavy gain tones came from an amp, and a guitar. Nothing more and nothing less.

Shred I love Kyuss and I'm not a metalhead at all. Kyuss is awesome. I love QOTSA too.

Giantrobot - badass! I'm not even sure what transistors are in the fuzz factory. I know the original ones had some super rare transistors that supposedly sound really awesome though.

If you need any gutshots or anything you know who to ask.

I just recorded a 2 minute clip of some scary sounding fuzz factory noise. It sounds like youngling robots getting sawn in half by aliens over and over again. YEAH.

Ill say this right now, Noise gates are for pussies.

And compressions pedals? **** me in a$$ and call me tony.

All the best heavy gain tones came from an amp, and a guitar. Nothing more and nothing less.

I agree with dem00n?

That's what I do, I have my fuzz pedals and if I need gain, I use my amp. Great for the heavier Foo Fighters stuff how I have it set up.

Good on ya kid, you might turn out alright after all :D

Archived