Gibson Brands Forums

New recordings

Silenced Fred

Hey can you email me these too?

Is that a cover of my most favorite Nirvana song ever? What did I tell you man I love that song.

Email on its way

and I forgot about that being your fav song lol, I was listening to it with my drummer, and I thought it could use some more gain. So I did it.

Still needs some work, but its getting there

Not bad. Have consider adding Bass guitar?

Know a decent bass player in the Northwestern Chicago suburbs who won't play like a. crap b. refuses to play anything but metal c. won't flake out?

I'm trying man, but no one around here will play bass unless its metal or they can just play scales all day and solo. Nobody knows about the term pocket anymore :rolleyes:

I like the tunes [thumbup]

But your drummer drives me up a wall [cursing] .... You need to lock him in a room with a metronome and don't let him leave for two weeks.... I was actually impressed you were able to lay vocals over his car wreck drumming style [blink]

I like the tunes [thumbup]

But your drummer drives me up a wall [cursing] .... You need to lock him in a room with a metronome and don't let him leave for two weeks.... I was actually impressed you were able to lay vocals over his car wreck drumming style [blink]

These are just rough cuts, first take because we are running out of time. Everything had to submitted by tonight and I wanted to have time to mix.

He's much better than that usually

Know a decent bass player in the Northwestern Chicago suburbs who won't play like a. crap b. refuses to play anything but metal c. won't flake out?

I'm trying man, but no one around here will play bass unless its metal or they can just play scales all day and solo. Nobody knows about the term pocket anymore :rolleyes:

No I don't. But maybe you or the other guitarist in band could learn to play bass. Couldn't you?

Oops! So apparently, when I delete one file because I played with some vocals, it doesn't automagically know that I deleted it

it should be up right now

Thanks firstmeasure, I have been working at it a lot

Dave- my singing needs a ton of work, but its getting there

Tazz- I could, but for whatever reason, I can't play bass and sing. I would love to get a female vocalist, but by me everyone tries to be the next Mariah Carey

Thanks everyone

Hey Nathan,

Have you considered a vocal coach? You have some chops but could really take it to the next level with a coach helping you.

Our old singer had a great voice and then decided to get a vocal coach and in 2 lessons i heard a HUGE difference...a lot more power and control...

Hey Nathan,

Have you considered a vocal coach? You have some chops but could really take it to the next level with a coach helping you.

Our old singer had a great voice and then decided to get a vocal coach and in 2 lessons i heard a HUGE difference...a lot more power and control...

I could get it up to any level with a coach [laugh]

I'm working on it, I need to do a ton more work on it, my range is a bit weird

Hey I listened to them. The original sounds much better.

I thought the fuzz actually fit really well in the chorus on Marigold. I thought you were gonna muffitize the whole thing or something and I had mixed feelings but that was pretty cool actually. Kindof a cool solo too. What fuzz did you use? Your fuzz tone was sweet.

Hey I listened to them. The original sounds much better.

I thought the fuzz actually fit really well in the chorus on Marigold. I thought you were gonna muffitize the whole thing or something and I had mixed feelings but that was pretty cool actually. Kindof a cool solo too. What fuzz did you use? Your fuzz tone was sweet.

No fuzz on the rhythm track, that's actually the gain channel on my Sunn. Told you that ***** was cool [biggrin]

The solo I used the Big Muff. Its too busy, I need to work on the solo, but thanks man. I need to boost that level though, it goes down when the chorus hits. Live it sounds the same level, but I guess in the recording, it got compressed or something.

And in all seriousness, my drummer is a great musician. We had to record everything with one mic, so his part is being recorded while he's listening to my guitar track through headphones, not live. Its harder than hell. one take and that was hit. Live, he is spot on. Once we play a show, I'll get at least audio to post, and you will hear that.

Damn dude that Sunn rips. I've tried recording like that. It's really hard. I'm gonna try and get my friend to send me a songfrom our old band that we recorded like that. He said it's not bad but I remember the recording being pretty lame.

I really thought that was fuzz though. And a really badass fuzz at that. My Vox actually gets pretty fuzzy sounding when you really crank it up. It sounds like the main riff in Bodysnatchers by radiohead. Kindof a weird fuzzy sound.

Damn dude that Sunn rips. I've tried recording like that. It's really hard. I'm gonna try and get my friend to send me a songfrom our old band that we recorded like that. He said it's not bad but I remember the recording being pretty lame.

I really thought that was fuzz though. And a really badass fuzz at that. My Vox actually gets pretty fuzzy sounding when you really crank it up. It sounds like the main riff in Bodysnatchers by radiohead. Kindof a weird fuzzy sound.

Its a badass amp. And its terribly hard to record like that

The most important thing for this amp from going like a fuzzy sound to a distortion is how hard its driven with the guitar. I have my treble pickup set at like 4 on the guitar volume and that gives me like a Foo Fighters distortion, and with the rhythm at 10, that's the result

I was just talking to my friend that I used to be in bands with (he moved to San Fran) and he's gonna send me that song later so I'll send it to you when I get it. I think you might like it. It's instrumental and we had it super tight and perfect sounding live but we're not recording engineers and we just could not get it to record right.

Anyways he made me an offer that I can't refuse. His friend owns an amazing studio in San Fran that is packed with sweet gear and this guy knows what he's doing. Since this guy is his friend and he likes that song he said he would record it for us professionally for free and maybe some other stuff. So I think I'm gonna fly up there soon and get some legit recording done. He's got a Twin Reverb, a Triple Rec, a bunch of other amps, all kinds of mics and preamps.. It should be awesome I can't wait.

I was just talking to my friend that I used to be in bands with (he moved to San Fran) and he's gonna send me that song later so I'll send it to you when I get it. I think you might like it. It's instrumental and we had it super tight and perfect sounding live but we're not recording engineers and we just could not get it to record right.

Anyways he made me an offer that I can't refuse. His friend owns an amazing studio in San Fran that is packed with sweet gear and this guy knows what he's doing. Since this guy is his friend and he likes that song he said he would record it for us professionally for free and maybe some other stuff. So I think I'm gonna fly up there soon and get some legit recording done. He's got a Twin Reverb, a Triple Rec, a bunch of other amps, all kinds of mics and preamps.. It should be awesome I can't wait.

And you didn't even invite me?

Archived