Gibson Brands Forums

Walking to school

Californiaman

Yep I live in Orange County and it is brutal! If I want to get somewhere I have to drive. I can take the bus if I want to wait around all day, pay more, and hang out with mastrubating bums but as appealing as that sounds, I stick to driving.

I read that prices are higher here in California than Alaska and Hawaii now. What's up with that?

By the way I walked to school from 5th grade till my senior year in high school when I got my license. I walked with friends and preferred it to hitching a ride with mom.

That's how it was when I grew up.

Wait, I grew up in Orange County.

See how some things never change.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sold my 03' Sentra and bought an 04' Cadillac CTS about 6 months ago. Went from 35 MPG in the Sentra to 23 MPG in the Cadi, and from a 12 gallon tank to an 18 gallon tank. Now that gas prices have gone up, a tank generally costs $70. I'm starting to feel it lately, I get a little over a week out of a tank. That's roughly $250-280 a month. Premium is around $4.00 a gallon around here, and unfortunately that's what I have to run to get any kind of decent gas mileage. The ugly hybrid cars are looking pretty damn sexy right now.

No trains where I live, the buses suck and are never on time. It'll be a cold day in hell before I risk my life walking to work around here. 2 weeks ago my neighbor got ran over walking her dog down the street in a gated community, she now has 2 broken arms, 2 broken legs, a cracked sternum, a severed liver and a laundry list of other injuries to show for it. Person was going 40 in a 20 and didn't even hit the brakes (to busy texting i guess). I enjoy life a little too much to risk it with the dumbasses we have driving around here.

They call them BUSES and TRAINS.

We got something called LEGS to.

Just sayin...

What are these legs you speak of?

I can't remember how much gas is here...I think its about $4 a liter...so thats about $15 a gallon.

Converted to US, thats about $2-3.

No trains where I live, the buses suck and are never on time. It'll be a cold day in hell before I risk my life walking to work around here. 2 weeks ago my neighbor got ran over walking her dog down the street in a gated community, she now has 2 broken arms, 2 broken legs, a cracked sternum, a severed liver and a laundry list of other injuries to show for it. Person was going 40 in a 20 and didn't even hit the brakes (to busy texting i guess). I enjoy life a little too much to risk it with the dumbasses we have driving around here.

Where in Florida are you? (we probably built those 'sucky' buses!)

Where in Florida are you? (we probably built those 'sucky' buses!)

Port Saint Lucie

Or Port Saint Lousy or Poor Sh**ty and Lousy, however you wanna say it. It sucks, a few miles south I could be living in Stuart and Long Boarding everywhere. Unfortunately PSL is where my family decided to set up shop with our business so now I'm kinda stuck.

sorry to hear that, that is awful!

Matt

Bullshit that was for a school project, and you are still 14

Go clean your room

I'm serious, it was for a shity film we had to make it. I still have the finsh project, to remind me how bad i am at editing. [flapper]

Archived