Gibson Brands Forums

what is the point of FUZZ?

S t e v e

TG & Stein...

One weakness I've seen to this type of forum is that folks tend to take what they see "straight." So... when a cupla folks have kind of an "inside" set of jokes, it can be easily taken wrong.

It ain't as bad as cussin' or dirty pictures, perhaps, but I'm more concerned it might scare off some new folks who don't get it...

That's all. Especially when it's from folks that I have a generally high opinion of. And I'm not talking just about this list, either.

Actually I think the younger guys on this board in general have shown increasing "maturity" in comments and are "kids" (that's anybody under 50 IMHO <grin>) the guitar community can generally point to as worth their salt in any company.

But seriously... talking about walloping folks does concern me a bit because there are some folks who figure that's not nice. I've done and/or taught it one way or another for money for decades and never considered it something to joke about. But then that's probably the training talking.

m

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy smokes, this is going into overdrive and is being blown way out of distortion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone better call the FUZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [sneaky][drool][woot][lol] ..............

T-god isnt simple, he lives in a 3rd world country and owns great guitars. Doesnt sound like your average joe to me.

I didn't say simple. I said silly. Camelot silly.

i just don't get why a guitarist would want that noise, talk about hiding behind effects...just my opinion =;

As a Dude I love Muff & I love Pi! So when I'm engaging in some big Muff & Pi why pure ecstasy that leaves me feeling fuzzy all over[rolleyes] [rolleyes]

One weakness I've seen to this type of forum is that folks tend to take what they see "straight." So... when a cupla folks have kind of an "inside" set of jokes, it can be easily taken wrong.

You are right man, sometimes we forget there's more people in here and that some of them haven't been here for long. [thumbup]

...hmmm... 'cause I made some fuzz jokes to the fuzz man (Fred)???

Ok d00d. Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

Um, have you seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail? One of my favorite quotes (although not as funny out of context):

On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.

TG....

I'd add that very likely some "newbies" don't quite get a sense of "fraternal" sorts of relationships that do take a while to develop.

For Gibson brands, that may have both good and ... slightly worrisome ... aspects.

m

wow, when i started this thread i thought i'd get two replys...fred & evol, it started as a joke then got a bit "heated" and now were all playing nicely, thank god i'm around eh? [laugh]

We do love you for your modesty and humility.

...I've met Evol he's a good guy. He has teh br00talz t00ne and is also a fuzz lover

All lies!

I don't even play guitar. My gig is dressing in drag and lip syncing Britney Spears songs.

Give me your Fender Blender... You know you want to [biggrin]

That pedal will put you into sonic assault nirvana. Use the power wisely.

Rumor is that Kevin Shields used one all over Loveless, but confirming it is like solving the Kennedy assassinations.

That pedal will put you into sonic assault nirvana. Use the power wisely.

Rumor is that Kevin Shields used one all over Loveless, but confirming it is like solving the Kennedy assassinations.

I need more moneys! I still have to buy that Bigsby, and I'm looking at building a FuzzRite clone in the near future. That, and not having a job, don't go over well.

I blame it on the economy

Archived