Gibson Brands Forums

what happened to that guitar rebuild thread by Andy?

djroge1

Yep, de-pinned. It's still here => http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/61072-fixing-up-the-les-paul-studio-tear-down-to-custom-rebuild/

Andy says - "Union break [flapper] I'm playing again so have to prioritize my projects. Also have a girlfriend who has barely seen me in 4 months that I wish to keep around. Patience... I work in bursts."

I think because his updates got sporadic, the feds decided to de-pin the thread.

Yep the pin was removed. No big deal and I understand cause updates have been few lately. I'm juggling a lot of projects at the moment and had to put that one lower on the list. I am playing again which I have been really enjoying since it has been a couple of years since I've had anything in the works, so trying to get things together for that have been keeping me occupied. Unfortunately I also don't have the energy I did when I was younger where I could stay up until 3:00 AM and still work the next day.

Going to visit my mom today but might have some time to work on the Gibby a little. I appreciate everyone who has followed and encouraged me in the thread and promise it will start seeing some more action soon.

Regards,

Andy

Unfortunately I also don't have the energy I did when I was younger where I could stay up until 3:00 AM and still work the next day.

Damn man, I'm reaching that stage too [crying] I just can't do that anymore (and my band mates are starting to feel the same).

Important decision ahead: either stop gigging or stop working [lol]

Was a really good thread read, I skipped reading my morning paper in favor of it. I cant wait to see the final build, like Andy I enjoy doing anything I can myself with my guitar, unlike Andy I am not a freaking Wizard at it so it normally looks like poo but I am satisfied and thats all that matters.

Damn man, I'm reaching that stage too [crying] I just can't do that anymore (and my band mates are starting to feel the same).

Important decision ahead: either stop gigging or stop working [lol]

Or hire roadies. For me it's not the playing out late but the hauling equipment.

Archived